Luxman vs Accuphase for Harbeth 40.3 XD

I'm considering trying a SS integrated to power my 40.3 XDs. I'll buy used.

I've heard great things about T+A but they are really pricey, and Luxman and Accuphase look interesting, there are 2 examples for sale currently.

Luxman L-509X $6,300 and Accuphase E650 $12K

I hear a lot about high damping factor being necessary to get the best out the the Harbeth's (Luxman is 370 and the Accuphase is 1000).

Honestly cannot justify $12K at the moment but I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on these 2 amps for my speakers? Or any other suggestions?

macg19

Showing 1 response by dwest1023

If coins are an issue you might look into a Hegal 390 or 590. Pass definitely has a tubish  midrange, especially the 60. Ive owned the 60 and now have the 250. I also own the Hegal 380, Mac 352 and Accuphase 380. The 380 is a very neural sounding amp. I think the Accuphase 600 is a different animal. My Macintosh is a hybrid with tubes in the preamp section. In my amp rotation the mac seems to stay the longest. Must be the tubes. It is surprisingly good. Coming from tubes your would be happy with pass if 60 watts is enough power, That amp puts of a good chunk of current, Check out the Hegal.