Luxman M 4000 Amp

I am looking to purchase a Luxman M 4000 amp. Anyone interested in talking?
hopkins34
Finally got the Amp home and hooked up. Sounds great and pairs very well with the Luxman C 1000 Preamp. Big improvement
in detail, imaging and soundscape. Base is tighter. Love having the extra power over the M 2000. I am very happy and lucky to find this unit that was re capped and fully serviced. Really brings the best out of my Triton 2 Plus speakers. Looking forward to a big listening
 session tomorrow.
Will do. Love the M 2000 and will keep as a spare. Hope to have it back home by March 1st or so. Heading up to NY to arrange a swap from the Boston suburbs. My old college room mate picked it up and hooked it last night. He was beyond impressed on how it sounded on his system.
I was able to acquire a M 4000 that was recapped, totally serviced and working great for a reasonable price. Took just over a month. I am so excited to hook it up. It will look and sound great with my M 2000, C 1000, T 110. PD121 and DZ 90 Luxman vintage gear. Had a friend pick it up. Will meet him halfway next week for a handoff. Did not want to ship it. Thanks for the advice. I searched over 8 audio sites to find the right fit.
You must have had a lemon.  Those were and are really sweet sounding, and from memory very robust..

N
No real problems with the amp design, other than age. Tim de Paravicini design, IIRC. And he's no idiot.

Rebuilds for all of them, is what is in order.

Re-capping by an intelligent experienced tech that is half audiophile designer.... is probably the way to go. I’ve worked on a few of them, from that angle. Decent sounding amp, good looking. Changing out a few of the parts other than the caps, etc.
I have done all above and working on a few options. I used to have one that was stolen or missing after a move. I currently have a M 2000, C1000, T 110, PD 121 and DZ 121 and would love to get another M 4000. Never had any issues with either amp. Just had the M 2000 cleaned, serviced and checked out. New to this site and just reached out.
Place a wanted ad? Or contact a Luxman dealer? Or keep watching the listings til you find one.