Lumin U2 vs Aurender N200

I’m looking to upgrade my streamer from a Bluesound Node 2i.  My DAC is the module that comes in the McIntosh MA 8950. 
I curious about others experience with these two streamers.  How they may differ. 
currently I’m using Tidal but would change it SQ could be improved.  I thing the interface with the Node is decent.  
Thanks for any feedback.  

128x128john1629

Showing 1 response by blisshifi

@john1629 The Aurender A200 is a great value unit in its price range, and you will get what you pay for - a decent streamer and DAC combined. That said, if you can swing for separates, you will get much greater sonic performance in the N200 as a streamer-only solution with a better-quality DAC separate. The power supply, isolation, and clocking in the N200 is much improved, resulting in a wider, deeper, more holographic soundstage with a lower noise floor. I have auditioned all Aurender units, and if you are interested in one with an analog output, given your McIntosh unit, I'd be looking at the A15. That said, based on what other users have mentioned, there is a significant benefit in going with a separate streamer and DAC if you can.

Compared to the Lumin, I have in the past preferred Aurender at their respective pricepoints. I even preferred the N200 over the pricier Lumin U1, which a fellow audiophile that lives a mile away from me owns. The U1 sounds smaller, more brittle in comparison. I don't know much about the new U2, but given its lower price point, I would be cautious.

Regarding Roon - Roon is working to be certified on Aurender units. Last I heard is that they are targeting end for later this year. If Roon as an interface is important, it's helpful to know that Aurender may support it soon.

I am an authorized Aurender dealer and would be happy to chat with you if you have any other questions. Feel free to PM me if you'd like!