Looking for the Best Integrated High Current Amplifier 250-300 WPC

I am constantly trying different audio gear and love seeing what works best with my system of the day lol, and that system today includes Focal Sopra 2’s and maybe a Lumin X1 only if needed. I have had the Gryphon Diablo 300 in the past and loved it also not opposed to grabbing another one. I am open to others like the Hegel 590 that has a full blown streamer Dac which is a major plus as well any other that can rival those 2 at a 15K or less price point.

Thanks for your help
128x128blumartini
I personally found very poor synergy with my Focal Sopra No 2’s and a Luxman M-900U; Bass energy was flat and anemic; tried lot’s of things; It’s not my room acoustics; The same amp on Dynaudio Contour 60’s flat out destroyed the Sopra’s in the bass/energy/impact area...making for a wonderfully rich and moving musical experience; room acoustics and listening position were 100% identical as was the front end and all cables. The only difference was speakers. I tried moving the Sopras all around but the bass sounded like they had rags stuffed inside the ports; a very disappointing experience; I have had the Aria 946’s which are major overachievers; they had a tiny bit of top end bite but overall very good speakers for the coin; I still have Aria 906’s in my simple home theater. I really wanted to love the sopra 2’s they are beautifully crafted;

I had the Luxman 509x on the Dyn Contour 60’s and that was a great match. Actually, the 509x is an incredible value-- probably one of the best in all of high end audio. The M-900/C-900 gets you more headroom and a bit more of the "ethereal experience", but that 509x is one amazing package; My ears and personal experience suspect a dubious pairing with Sopra 2’s based on the bad synergy with the M-900...but who knows maybe the output stage on the 509x since it has lower damping might find favor with the super stiff woofers on the Sopra 2’s (they were broken in, btw) by letting the woofers overhang a bit;

Hegel H590; I really would like to hear this one myself. I have since moved on from the Sopra and Contours to Confidence 30’s; I have them paired with M-900 now;

Like you, I am always in the hunt for trying things out; Someday I will run out of energy (money) in this pursuit and will just stick with stuff, but for now it’s way too much fun (wife does not agree);

Good luck!

Post removed 
Post removed 
I heard a McIntosh 200wpc integrated driving Focal Sopra 3 speakers.  Sounded like a match made in Heaven to me.
I own the Hegel H590 and use it to drive KEF Reference 1’s. I’m quite happy. 
I recently heard the Luxman 590 with the DynAudio Confidence 20’s and was thinking I’d much rather have my system. That said, the speaker cables were by Nordost and I’ve found that my ears are not a match for them. I’d love to bring in my Tara Labs The Muse speaker cables to see if that sounded more “right” to my ears.

if I were thinking upgrade, I’d love to try the KEF Blades with the Luxman 9000 pre/amp.

Good luck!
Post removed 
blumartini OP
Looking for the Best Integrated High Current Amplifier 250-300 WPC
The Gryphon Diablo 300 intergrated, I believe has no equal for 250-300w with very high current. 300w-8ohms 950w-2ohms

https://gryphon-audio.dk/shop/integrated-amplifiers/gryphon-diablo-300-integrated-amplifier/

Cheers George

I'd encourage you to audition a darTZeel LHC-208 in this price range. 

In my experience, you need to hear these things for yourself, in your home, to make a decision that makes you truly happy. Find a dealer that will help make that happen.

- Colin

darTZeel dealer
https://gestalt.audio

As the OP asked "best High Current Integrated".
The Dartzeel can’t do anywhere near the current the Gryphon Diablo can.

As these show, Dartzeel, 230w-8ohms and 435w-2ohms
Compared the Gryphon’s 300w-8ohms and 950w-2ohms

Cheers George
I think the int 250 is the equal of the D300 but they sound different from one another. Both are excellent integrated amps and extremely well made. I’ve had a difficult time choosing between the two myself but ended up going with the int 250 and the MSB Discrete DAC/streamer with optional second power supply. I loved the sound of the int 60 when I auditioned it. However, the int 250 has a more extended top and bottom end and more headroom. I guess I just really like the Pass sound. But that’s my ears. The D300 is a killer amp though. Wish I could afford both.
Your Focal's are likely the reason for your merry-go-round like set up. Great midrange, but lack in everything else. I know because I had them for a couple of months. Before the Sopra II, I had a pair of PSB Stratus Gold(and still do awaiting a second listening room) that far outperformed the Sopra's in the low end. The Tekton Double Impact SE stood pretty damn well in my system for a couple of years before recently investing in a pair of TAD CE1's with a pair of JL Audio F112v2 subs. Upstream is a Aric Audio Motherlode preamp and and a pair of Pass XA60.8. A fellow AG member turned me on to Found Music where I was able to have a bespoke pair of speaker cables crafted. I cannot imagine changing anything for some years(said everyone on this site)!

FYI, The Dynaudio Contour 60's are a dynamite pair of speakers, and do better the Sopra II's.

blumartini

Your Focals 2’s are almost the same to drive as the 3’s. In the bass they are very hard to drive with 2.7ohms and -56’ phase angle so don’t wimp out on the amp.
Get the Gryphon Diablo 300 all the others here that are mentioned can’t match it’s current drive into low impedance, and it’s that will get the very best out of the Sopra’s bass. Not to mention it has stunning mids and highs.

https://www.stereophile.com/images/417FSop3fig1.jpg
" as fig.1 shows, the Sopra No.3 is a difficult load for an amplifier to drive, with a minimum magnitude of 2.75 ohms at 96Hz and a combination of 4 ohms and a –56° electrical phase angle at 68Hz, both frequencies where music can have high levels of energy."

I think the int 250 is the equal of the D300
Sorry not in current into low impedance like 2ohms it's not.

Cheers George
George, you’re right regarding current into low impedance. My comments on the D300 vs int 250 were strictly based what I was hearing with my ears. Same old story...preferences. HOWEVER, remember, I’ve not yet heard the int 250. It’s on order. I’ve only heard the int 60, which I liked a LOT. So all my comments were with that in mind. I’m hoping the int 250 sounds as good or better than the int 60 I auditioned. I’ve read they don’t sound exactly alike but both have the Pass personality. It’s a bit of a gamble. So, we’ll see. I can always return it. I’m betting it will be a keeper.
You want current, I suggest looking into the Coda CSIb integrated. 3,000 VA power transformer and 20 high-bandwidth bipolar transistors for each channel.
Hi blumartini,

I don’t know what your budget is but you may want to try Soulutions newer entry level integrated 300 series amp. A friend of mine owns a hifi shop in Ilinois and he won’t shut up about how great it is and I am pretty sure it won an award in the Absolute Sound magazine. My friend gravitates toward the very high end stuff so he really knows good gear when he hears it. He sells Wilson, Dcs, Sonus Faber, Moon, Soulution and a ton of other stuff. 

Scot
Before buying my wilson sasha 2, i auditioned focal sopra 2 to
both my  vitus sia 025 and the dealers gryphon diablo 300.
i had to bring my vitus to the showroom while the gryphon
300 i heard before buying my vitus. Same focal sopra no 2.
was used. All i can say is both are not a good pairing, i find
the combination very bright.

please audition carefully.