Looking for a CD / SACD player. Also, tell me about Esoteric

Budget is $10k.

I want something that plays SACDs as well as redbook.

Must have US service available.

I mention Esoteric as they appear to be one of the few still pushing the envelope as well as supporting SACD in this price range.

gthirteen

Rbyington711

"A CD is a spinner and a laser so what does a 12k Esoteric do that a $1,200 Marantz doesn't."

Do some reading on the VRDS system Teac developed. Tech and Esoteric are the same company FYI. 

also for those that question Esoteric servicing they are an upscaled division of Teac. 

Just to be clear on what higher end players can do, I have owned three ModWright modified palyers:  Sony 999es, Sony 5400 and the Marantz SA 8005.  They were  better with each update.  However, the Esoteric K-03XD beats every one of them as well it should.

No one mentioned Yamaha?  I have owned my Yamaha CD-S2100 for some six years now and it has operated and sounded flawlessly. I expected it to sound fantastic with SACD but wasn’t prepared for how it reproduced Red Book CD. It may not weigh as much as an Esoteric at 35+ pounds, but then it “only” costs $3000 currently directly from Yamaha. My listening is done through a Luxman L-590AxII Class A integrated and a lovely set of Sonus Faber Maxima Amators and a good set of balanced interconnects. With the savings you can buy an awful lot of discs. Or a very nice turntable 😆. 

porchlight1, Have you compared your Yamaha to any of the Esoterics mentioned?