Limited soundstage between speakers

No matter what the source, the soundstage in my system remains within the width of the speakers. I read with envy of systems which extend the soundstage outside the speaker boundaries. Is this a problem with my speakers, amplification, room boundaries or something else?

What change should I make to improve the soundstage?

gyrodec/shelter 501/exposure 3010s2d/ spendorA6

rrm

rrm, I've been giving some thought to things that you might do to 'improve' your soundstage, but  nothing I've come up with can create the outside of your speakers soundstage which you initially indicated that you wanted to obtain. Others have discussed set up of speakers and listening position. I believe someone mentioned the Cardas system which is a good place to start, if you haven't already got a good placement of speakers and listening position determined. 

For consideration is an add on devise that has been around for a few years and has gotten good reviews. It is a Fusion FOZ. It is tubed unit which allows you to control the out of out of phase information in your recording. In older recordings (and some new ones as well) which seem to have a too centered image, albeit still stereo, by increasing the strength of the out of phase signal in mix in the recording you can get a much expanded soundstage. Wider/higher/fuller. BUT it will not create sound outside of your speakers on the plane of the speakers, but can easily fill the wall behind you speakers. The good news - it is not expensive and it sort of acts as a tubed buffer (if you want one). The bad news is it is not exceptionally transparent and works best, I think, in a tape loop. Further, by increasing the out of phase signal you do reduce some of the in phase specificity. It has a bass control as well if you need it. The unit is a bit bass rich and you might. Underwoodwally sells them if your interested. They are relatively cheap. Something to think about....or not. :-)

mahgister: Bro,try dusting your equipment before publishing videos, it might improve the imaging.

If you put enough reflective plates at different angles around the room, the sound will bounce all over the place.

Acoustic in the perspective of  the passive material treatment a problem about the optimizing BALANCE between reflection, absorbtion and diffusion ratio...

And yes we can use some amount of reflection at the right spot to create an ACCURATE and BETTER soundscape....

Characterizing all reflections to be a bad outcome in a room is meaningless...

Too much absorption is bad, too much diffusion is bad also...

In a small room using positively the lateral and back refrlections is the way to create "listener envelopment" factor....

It is not my opinion here, pure acoustic science....

If you want research articles proof ask me...

If you put enough reflective plates at different angles around the room, the sound will bounce all over the place.