KT150's in Rogue Cronus Magnum ii

Has anyone used these tubes in a CM2 successfuly? Would it kill the power supplies or have any other issues? 

If you have what were the sonic benefits if any? 
soundwatts

Showing 2 responses by twoleftears

This is rather OT, but I recently dropped in some Genalex Gold Lion KT88s, and when I get round to it I'll be going back to the Tung-Sol KT120s.  Not a night a day difference, to my ears.  88s perhaps a little more liquid/forgiving, but lost some of the, well, majesty that the 120s gave to full-scale orchestral.  If you have the 120s, I'd be content, and just play around with the small signal tubes.

So far only Genalex Gold Lion 12au7's and 12ax7's, much recommended by Jim McShane.  I'm going to get a NOS 12au7 for the pre-amp position, but have been dithering over which brand to go with (Mullard, Brimar, Amperex) and which supplier (McShane, Andy Bowman, Brent Jesse, Upscale, etc.).  Will probably call Bowman soon.

The CM2 is relatively new, and I'm not sure it's fully broken in, but I haven't noticed any major changes along the way, so far.

I'm running the Rogue with PMC twenty.24's, and the Rogue displaced an Ayre AX-7 which has been sent down to my secondary system.  The Rogue~PMC synergy is noticeably better, especially in the bass.