Kronos Sparta or TechDas Air Force III?

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy one of them. They are both used but with one year warranty. Soon I will have the chance to listen to the Kronos, but it is difficult to listen to second and this is why I need your opinion and experience.

Thanks

renatocomes

@rauliruegas   Uhmm, I tried to add vacuum hold down on my Linn LP12...was not a pretty site, nor a pretty sound, ;0)

The hold down on the Tech Das AF impacts the playback significantly - that's been my experience comparing the AF VP with an AF Technics SP10 Mk2 (no clamp) and Kuzma Stabi R w clamp. For that reason, if I were spending that kind of dough, I'd definitely chose the TechDas AF over the Kronos. It's the most sought-after technologies for modern turntables - Dohmann is trying to add hold down to their next update so that says a lot.  I will add that TechDas customer service isn't that great - so if that's important to you - keep that in mind.  Either way, you can't go wrong.  Good luck - it's fun shopping for turntables (and almost everything else audio related - amps, speakers, carts etc).

IMO, if you have to ask that question of a forum, you shouldn't be wasting your money on either.

"Uhmm, I tried to add vacuum hold down on my Linn LP12...was not a pretty site, nor a pretty sound,"

daveyf-perhaps RR was implying the highly advanced AT666 from the 80's?

He's knowledgeable of everything in the audiophool universe, so his comments must be true-WOW!