Krell KSA 200s with BW Matrix

Hello all,

I just did a buy it now on a Krell KSA 200s. Been wanting to try a true beast of an amp to power my B&W 801 Matrix V.2. Anybody had this matchup? I have never had an amp as substantial as this one, being that it’s class A would one leave it on all the time or turn off when done. Normally other than tube amps/preamps I leave my stuff on unless going on a trip. Apparently the amp was fully checked out recently so I’m hoping it’s good to go for some years before anything would need to be serviced. 

mofojo

Yes, What a great matchup.

I had the B&w 801#2  with a Krell Ksa 250, Then Upgraded the amp to the Krell Ksa300S. Big Stepup. Bass was faster and somewhat brighter signature.

Enjoy your new equipment.

Do you have the Sound Anchor stands for the speakers.

Also The Golden Flukes Bass Alignment filters are pretty nice, Ever see A Pair snap them up.

Please post hao you like your new amp!

i was running my B&W801's series 2 with Krell FPB 750cx using Siltech cable

They sounded fantastic, even thought had the amp recapped i wound-up selling it and getting the new 300XD Duo with the new Krell Illusion Preamplifier and they still sound grea.t

I do really really like the amp even though I have a weird grounding issue going on I haven’t figured out. Just have all the components hooked up in the chain to the amp on cheater plugs. Tons of power, slamming bass, great tube like mid range to my ears and nice highs. The 801s sound really good with the amp. My Focals sound amazing as well and that’s what I’m using right now. I emailed Krell and they have no service records from service for the serial number. Opened it up and it looks new inside with no obvious signs of bulging/leaking caps etc. They did recommend to send it in for a checkup/recap and said the avg price was $1300. So chewing on that but I can’t believe anything if off too much at the moment as it sounds like all is doing very well. 

I had the Krell KSA200S and a KLS pre with Phono stage that was an incredible set up with B&W Nautilus 803 speakers.  Sold the KLS because it did not have a remote control but it is the best sounding pre I have ever owned.  I kept the amp for a lot longer and really enjoyed it.  It has it's own power on warm up/bias so I really wouldn't leave it on all the time.  It won't play any sound until it's ready and it gets warm pretty fast.  As for hum, it could be a lot of things but if you are using RCA interconnects you might put some Cardas plugs on the balanced inputs.  Happy listening.