Krell KSA 200s with BW Matrix

Hello all,

I just did a buy it now on a Krell KSA 200s. Been wanting to try a true beast of an amp to power my B&W 801 Matrix V.2. Anybody had this matchup? I have never had an amp as substantial as this one, being that it’s class A would one leave it on all the time or turn off when done. Normally other than tube amps/preamps I leave my stuff on unless going on a trip. Apparently the amp was fully checked out recently so I’m hoping it’s good to go for some years before anything would need to be serviced. 

mofojo

Showing 1 response by mofojo

I do really really like the amp even though I have a weird grounding issue going on I haven’t figured out. Just have all the components hooked up in the chain to the amp on cheater plugs. Tons of power, slamming bass, great tube like mid range to my ears and nice highs. The 801s sound really good with the amp. My Focals sound amazing as well and that’s what I’m using right now. I emailed Krell and they have no service records from service for the serial number. Opened it up and it looks new inside with no obvious signs of bulging/leaking caps etc. They did recommend to send it in for a checkup/recap and said the avg price was $1300. So chewing on that but I can’t believe anything if off too much at the moment as it sounds like all is doing very well.