Krell KSA 200s with BW Matrix

Hello all,

I just did a buy it now on a Krell KSA 200s. Been wanting to try a true beast of an amp to power my B&W 801 Matrix V.2. Anybody had this matchup? I have never had an amp as substantial as this one, being that it’s class A would one leave it on all the time or turn off when done. Normally other than tube amps/preamps I leave my stuff on unless going on a trip. Apparently the amp was fully checked out recently so I’m hoping it’s good to go for some years before anything would need to be serviced. 

mofojo

Showing 1 response by cio52

I had the Krell KSA200S and a KLS pre with Phono stage that was an incredible set up with B&W Nautilus 803 speakers.  Sold the KLS because it did not have a remote control but it is the best sounding pre I have ever owned.  I kept the amp for a lot longer and really enjoyed it.  It has it's own power on warm up/bias so I really wouldn't leave it on all the time.  It won't play any sound until it's ready and it gets warm pretty fast.  As for hum, it could be a lot of things but if you are using RCA interconnects you might put some Cardas plugs on the balanced inputs.  Happy listening.