Krell KSA 200s power feed

Hi All.

I wanted to know what your experience is and opinion on powering this amp.
https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/694krell/index.html

I live in Australia, so our power is 230 volts and 10 amps.
We have always used this amp directly into the wall.
But reading through the manual I can see it’s recommended to have 20 amps into the amp.
I don’t notice any sonic issues with running it directly on 10 amps.
I wanted to know what your opinion was as I was getting an electrician to put some additional power points and whether I should get him to wire a 20 amp line just for the Krell.
128x128kunalraiker
kunalraiker OP

I'm in Au and your fine.
Just make sure your plugs are nice and tight into the power point and amp, if not change the power point for good quality one (Clipsal, Arlec are fine). and clean the pins on the amp IEC and power cord.

Cheers George
I got the audio wired to 10 ams dedicated from the switch board with individual circuit breakers.
As Iam in a 240 volt region, thanks all for your advise.
The only issue I see is protecting the amp. In the US, we have to reduce the fuse size by half if you go from 120 to 240, and it could be a reason why voltage changeover is usually not user selected -- the user will forget to change the fuse.

I never thought of changing the fuse if going up in voltage, but it makes perfect sense.
Going by amps can be confusing, use apparent power instead, which is voltage times amps. Krell recommends a 2400VA power supply from the wall which is 20 amps at 120VAC (2400/120) or 10.4 amps at 230VAC (2400/230). 

The only issue I see is protecting the amp. In the US, we have to reduce the fuse size by half if you go from 120 to 240, and it could be a reason why voltage changeover is usually not user selected -- the user will forget to change the fuse.
I believe krell must word their manual for 120 volt lines. I have the ksa 300s on a 20 amp breaker, but it's a 120 volt line. You only need half the amperage when the voltage is doubled.
Evidently the amp can draw more than 10 amps. Krell says it should have a dedicated 20 amp line. It will only need 20 amps if operating near it's limits but I would believe what Krell is suggesting

It will only draw half that on 230 volts.
Evidently the amp can draw more than 10 amps. Krell says it should have a dedicated 20 amp line. It will only need 20 amps if operating near it's limits but I would believe what Krell is suggesting. 
The op is in Australia, where the line voltage is almost double of the USA, so a 10 amp 230 volt circuit is about equal to a 20 amp 120 volt circuit. The only thing we don't know, is it a dedicated outlet.
I had a Krell 200 FPB stereo amp for a while. When I first got it, I would power it up and the lights in the room would dim. Too many devices on a 20 amp circuit. At the time the house was only 5 years old. I put in a 20 amp dedicated outlet. Two thing were different, no dimming lights and my intermittent hum were gone. The new outlet never changed the way it sounded, once warm it always sound fantastic.
You shouldn't have a problem being you are on a higher voltage than the USA. It can make a difference to have a dedicated circuit that's not shared with other stuff from a noise perspective.