Koetsu vs Dynavector

I am looking at new (well new to me anyway) cartridges for my turntable. I have found a couple of interesting candidates but given that cartridges are one of the hardest things to purchase because of the problems of arranging home trials, I am interested in other peoples opinions. I am looking at the Koetsu Urushi's (either a Vermillion or a Black) or a Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua or XV1. I realize there is a bit of a price spread at normal retail but there are some demo issues that level the field a bit. My system is as follows Oracle Delphi MkIV with a highly modified Rega arm running into a modified Mod Squad Phono Drive. This all runs into a Sonic Euphoria Transformer based volume control. The amp is a custom tube amp based on the 6L6 tube (using NOS Tung Sol 5881 at the moment). This puts out twenty watts of PP power to a pair of Quad ESL 63. The cables are a mix of Homegrown Audio silver interconnects with Eichman silver RCA jacks and Analysis Audio Silver speaker cables.
My musical preferences lie in the smaller scale more introspective sphere on this system (I have a Altec Lansing based horn setup for rocking out). Anything from Frank and Ella to Johhny Cash to Bob Dylan to Dianna Krall. I also love the instruments that share the vocal sound. I gravitate to cello, saxophone and trombone over guitar and piano. I want to here the tone and texture of the voice as my first priority and timing a bit further down the line. My listening room is a bit on the large side (30' x 50' x 25') and has a very live acoustic. It has polished concrete floors and 115 year old plaster walls (I live in an 1893 Methodist church).
I welcome any opinions but I am mostly looking for people with actual hands on experience with either the Koetsus or the Dynavectors.

Thanks
Dan
djeickme75
Dear Djeickme75: +++++ " to engage in these audiophilia nervosa discussions. " +++++

that depend of what you are looking for, IMHO " these audiophilia nervosa ... " are almost always a learning ones for almost every one.

+++++ " At the end of the day all that matters is each person feeling good about their own choices. That can never happen in a forum like this unless you shape your opinions to fit the masses of the forum. " +++++

not necessary because the " target " is not to fit the masses opinion but to fit our own targets.
The other forum opinions help to learn how we can or can't achieve in a better/easy way what we are looking for. No one is angry because your opinion or other opinion is different and I can say that almost always the opinions are a honest ones.

IMHO I think that in this Analog Forum you and any one else has/have a tremendous advantage " hearing/knowing " different opinions from different people with different experience/know-how levels, IMHO this fact is priceless and we have to appreciate that we have it.

Dan, don't go I'm sure you are always welcome here!!!

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
As others have pointed out, perhaps the better move for the OP is to upgrade other components before looking to add a cartridge that is beyond these other pieces.

I agree with Raul, Dan is certainly welcome here. However, if flame wars are what one is looking for, I would suggest another forum. They don't really happen that often here in the A'gon Analog Forum.

I'm not really sure what Dan is saying about SoundSmith. Peter retipped my XV-1s and he did a beautiful job. I'm not sure which "exalted heights" that puts SoundSmith in.
Just a final parting thought. It was Socrates not Thoreau. Socrates said it at his trial for heresy. He was given the option of living a life that didn't involved questioning everything (basically he was told to shut up and quite questioning his betters or die). He choose death because he was unwilling to live "The unexamined life". Thoreau may have said it latter but it was most certainly Socrates that this sentiment was originally attributed to.