Klipsch Lascala II bin separation

A unique feature of the newer Klipsch Lascala II and AL5 is there are two bins, top and bottom (or HF and LF bins). Recently I put a cut up Purple seat cushion between the two sections and the clarity jumped significantly. Everything is better, very much better. Has anyone ever tried to seriously isolate the two bins? Is this a thing I just never heard of or is this a commonly known deal? The improvement is so huge I thought someone out there would have sounded the trumpet long before now. Sorry if I'm late to the party.....

allears4u

I’ve read that some people have good success with hockey pucks.

I'm yet to try it, but I will.

"I might have to try something similar to what you’ve done with the LS." ozzy62 Please post here as to what you discover by isolating the HF from LF bins. I used the purple seat cushion on a whim since cross disturbance from vibration is what manufacturers attempt to minimize by adding deadening material within speakers. (And other tricks) Even Klipsch doesn't just plop the HF bin upon the LF bin but provide 4 rubber feet. Admittedly, they are more stable than the 6 IsoAcoutics Iso-puck 76's I've got on the way. (3 per speaker)  So Klipsch wouldn't want to be liable for breakable and unstable pucks. The top section weighs 72 lbs. (Klipsch Forum) I had all but decided to sell the Lascalas to ascend to greater audiophile heights but this tweak has so clarified the overall presentation I'm sufficiently blown away to sit happy until my OCD finds fault once again. Terrible affliction (OCD Audiophile) 

Success! The Iso-puck 76's work much better than those crazy 'purple' cushion things I made. Radical enhancement of clarity in the entire frequency range. I wish another Lascala owner would try this so I can see if this really helps other as much as it improved my speakers. This may have been the Achilles heal in the Lascala all along. The rubber feet between the upper and lower Lascala bins were heading in the right direction! 

Interesting. You could make a stand that spans the width of the lower cabinet and support the top cabinet from the floor. This would completely isolate the two. It would only take a few minutes with 2x4s to “prototype”. If it works make something nice out of hard wood. gershman acoustics does something like that with their black swan speaker. The top part spans the woofer cabinet and looks like one speaker. 

@allears4u

Does the speaker sit on the isopucks without obstruction from the four rubber feet? Or did you have to remove said feet? Maybe a pic with them installed?