Kirmuss 'In the Groove' Ultrasonic Record Restorer - Upscale Audio Edition

Looking to get an ultrasonic disc cleaner. This one was recommended to me by an audiophile friend. Anyone here have this model? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I know nothing about  Ultrasonic cleaners but hear they are great. 

128x128knollbrent

First off, thanks for everyone chiming in.  I appreciate everyones time, wisdom and experience. I'll watch some youtube videos on this topic and see if that clears things up for me. It's a lot to digest!

I have heard very good reports on Degritter which I am sure is a better buy.

I use a KL Audio which is sadly no longer made, but if you can find a used one in good condition it would be a very good buy

Kirmuss is an ultra-sonic cleaner with a rotisserie added on. It is just a tool. How you use it is up to you. You don't have to follow the "21 step" process or use the cleaning product that is recommended. You can just use distilled water, maybe add a little alcohol or surfactant if you want. There are tons of discussions on the process here. Read, experiment, think. Selling the tool because you don't like the process is just dumb.

I second the ElmaSonic P60. I have a P60 rebranded by Fisher Scientific, and add-on rotisseries. I have cleaned more than 3000 records. My current regime is spin-clean with running pure water, 2 records on the spindle for 10 minutes of US cleaning, spin-rinse with running pure water, bath in distilled water, spritz with distilled water, air dry.

Excessive? After 1000 hours on my Koetsu the stylus showed virtually no wear (by photomicrograph). The re-tip which I didn’t need would have cost $7K. Excessive spend on US? I don’t think so.

@devinplombier - personally, I use distilled water and nothing else in my DeGritter. I would avoid the kind of thing you see on Amazon for $160; these are made for cleaning jewelry and other assorted items, and I wouldn't expect them to last very long; I'd stick with one that is made only for cleaning records.