Kids, Dogs, and Speakers

We have 2 dogs (25 lbs and 35 lbs) who tear around the house and preschool grandchildren. I like the sound of my Spendor A4s, but they are very narrow and top-heavy, and we worry they could be unintentionally knocked over (mercifully, this hasn't happened yet).  We need speakers which are harder to knock over.  This is the room we spend the evening in, so we can't exclude kids or pups.

Our budget is $7k to, at a stretch, $15k. I'm considering the KEF Meta R11 meta, the Sonus Faber Olyimpica Nova 2 and 3, and the Spendor D7.2 (which are wider and have a lower centre of gravity than the A4s). I ruled out the Sonetto 8s and Dali Rubicon 8s because the lowest speaker is vulnerably close to the ground. I like the extra stability that the outrigger feet give the KEFs and the Sonus Fabers.

I need to find things that I can audition in the section of the East Coast from New York to Washington DC.

Do you have any recommendations for speakers that are harder to knock over?

Thanks!

wqgq_641

@wqgq_641  , I am always doing quick googles when people list what speaker they are listening to. (With the operative word being 'quick.') Those A4s are interesting . . . kind of like a two-way (excuse the term) "bookshelf" with a cabinet built on instead of a stand?

I have the Sf Olympica III's, they are very stable and sound wonderful in my 16'w x 30'l x 10'h room.  The outriggers keep them in place and make it difficult for anyone shorter than 4' and less than 95 lbs to inadvertantly knock them over, but not impossible.

Ohm Walsh speakers in Brooklyn. Look for refurbed models that are wider on the bottom. Very hard to knock over. Nothing that can be easily damaged exposed with grills off and grill hoods rest on top when on.

Having you consider making or buying some pedestals for them that would widen the base and help secure them?