Keep light equipment from tipping up from cable weight?

I have some lighter audio equipment that get easily overweighed down by weight of cables plugged into the back of it. What techniques do yall employ to keep lighter weight audio equipment (speaker switchers, VU meters, small DACs) from having their fronts tip upwards do to the weight of cables behind them?

Thank you in advance!

icanthear
  1. Place damping weights on top of the component.  Brass with a thin elastomer base works well.  At the inexpensive end, a bag of sand also works.
  2. Support the cable just before it enters into the component by placing something under it that will support the weight several inches behind the component.  I have used foam pipe insulation with the cable inside of it like going thorough the center of a donut.  The insulation comes in different thicknesses and is usually slit down the side so it is easy to position a cable in the middle.  There are other DIY and for-purchase supports you can consider.  Use your imagination.
  3. Do both 1 and 2.

Blue tack on the feet of your light equipment. Available at any hardware store and most groceries. 

I had a very light component in my system once and built a support structure for the cable out of, of all things, Tinker Toys.  I know it sounds bizarre but it did the job!