JBL's Marketing Blunder..

This is such a bizarre JBL promo video portraying young women as ditzy airheads...certainly not the way to reach younger blood and expand the customer base.

JBL GOES MODERN!

Here's a retort from the Audioholics channel

JBL Ad portrays Gen Z women as Idiots?!

I suppose JBL will try and do just fine by selling the same things over and over to a shrinking aged male customer base. Good luck JBL!

deep_333

As we know, JBL is amongst the most successful audio companies of all time both on the professional & home audio sectors. They’re smart folks who know what they’re doing & it’s nice to see them trying to turn a younger crowd onto better quality sound  than on their phone or computer. I haven’t heard the stuff they’re promoting but it probably works well & sounds pretty good for the $ & potentially nice stepping stone to the next level of equipment more often discussed here. 

As for how they depicted their target audience, it was pretty right in to what I see & hear from my employees of that age group albeit in a funny, slightly “ tongue in cheek “ fashion. Pretty well done.

Have you spent any time with people in their 20's? Sadly, this is what they are like. They hang out in a room, all doing something on their phones, and they don't really talk to each other. They are very "whatever"

This is the wisest thing Grandpa has EVER said... : r/TheSimpsons

yea, interesting and relevant. I don't see the problem.  Old white guys inventing anger if you ask me.  Lots of young men would learn a lot from this, too!

Dudes. This is a male dominated hobby so of course you'll get more than a smidgen of typical, lost in the past impressions from clueless men. That ad was pretty good satire and very clever at that. It breaks down tons of barriers to Gen Zers out there, making stereo palatable again. 

I can see the younger generation that so many here lament about seeing the value of this hobby watching that ad and going for it. Isn't that what we old timers want?

All the best,
Nonoise

I can see the younger generation that so many here lament about seeing the value of this hobby watching that ad and going for it. Isn't that what we old timers want?

Totally. Except for the grumbling grandpas preferring their sour grapes.