Jazz for someone who doesn't like jazz.

I've toyed with the idea of looking into jazz. Not sure why. Not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just something to sound good on my system. I realize jazz is a broad category but much of what I hear I have not been attracted to. Don't ask me what I've heard.
What I'd like is a recommendation of two or three albums to start with. (I know that's insane)

And since I've given next to nothing to go on I'll point out a few things that I do like that might help narrow it down some maybe.

Jazz-like stuff I do like: Steely Dan. Almost all of their stuff. Van Morrison's jazz influenced stuff like Astral Weeks.
I like blues. Delta and hill country hard core blues.

I like a wide variety of rock from heavy metal, to prog rock to classic R&B.
Does any of that help? I know this is a crazy request but if I could get some recommendations I'll at least have somewhere to start. Not looking for specific recordings yet. Just content. When I find what I like I'll research the best recordings.
Thanks for any possible advice.
George

n80
Thanks guys. Not checking out of the discussion but I'm down at my cabin with no internet access other than spotty cell data.

Lots to process here. Will be checking out a lot of the recommendations.

Some stuff is just immediately not for me. Other stuff catches my ear.

Amazon Music is actually working right now and we're listening to Marcus Miller's M2 album. The good news is that my wife actually likes this stuff. System at the cabin is a huge step down from home system but still sounds pretty good and she's digging it which is unusual.

A little more background: Without thinking about what is and isn't jazz, I've been familiar with Louis Armstrong for decades and have several albums mostly because my wife likes it. Also have a number of Nina Simone songs. Have a few Basie albums I never listen to but might now.

As I was talking to my wife about this (jazz) she reminded me of an older couple we have known for years who live downtown near us (small southern city near Charlotte) who is really into jazz. They often have musicians in their home to play for small groups and every year they have an intimate jazz event at a local venue with known (how well known I don't know) bands and musicians. My wife has wanted to go for years and we get invited every year but it is not cheap and I have always declined. Last year they had Noel Friedline, Maria Howell, and some others. Don't know who they are but Maria Howell seems marginally famous. Not sure who they will have next year. Cost is about $130 per person but includes dinner and drinks so maybe not that expensive.....considering what pop and rock tickets cost these days. The event is in December each year so maybe we'll go. It will make the wife happy anyway.
Thanks again for the intro and recommendations. Not sure I'm all in at this point but will continue to explore.
George

I’ve been really digging the U.K. Jazz scene: 

Alfa Mist 
Moses Boyd 
KOKOROKO 
Yussef Dayes/Yussef Kamaal

Or just check out the “We Out Here” comp. Tons of good recs on this thread :-) 

Fourplay 
four80east
yellowjackets
tom scott
chuck loeb 
acoustic alchemy
miles davis
keiko matsui 
larry carlton

Wow, interesting that all the responses so far completely overlook the whole west coast jazz scene. Start by listening to some Art Pepper or Chet Baker. The best ever played....