Is Townshendisolation.com a scam site?

Hi, Is townshendisolation.com a scam site?

I have recently tried to purchase Seismic Bars from Townshendisolation.com and have had no change to my order status for 13 days now, using their online webchat and e-mailing the company multiple times gets no response, in fact the e-mail redirects to townshendaudio.com which I also have had no response from when submitting e-mail informing them about this behavior from the townshendisolation site. I e-mailed townshend audio to let them know of a potential clone site and also to try and figure out early if I had been scammed.

Given the lack of response from either site, I am going to now try and get my bank to reverse the card charges and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem since the products seem legit and people have actually purchased these successfully from somewhere. Looking online I can find no indication of either site being scammers so wanted to put this out there as a cautionary tale that would show up in a search for people with similar experiances.

At this stage I recommend never attempt to buy from from townshendisolation.com and am not impressed with townshendaudio.com's lack of response either, even though it is not their site and I am not looking for compensation from them, they could at least have saved me a few days by telling me I wether I have been scammed or not.

This is a sad first post after having joined and lurked here since 2010 but I have been lucky with online purcashing overall and am not ging to lose life-changing money on this. Just buyer-beware and due-diligence!!

At the time of this post the toenshendaudio.com page wont even load into my browser lol

sluggraveyiii

I order from them regularly. I always receive a response within a day, often almost immediately. I have never experienced any delays in product shipped.

I ordered my Townshend products via Ebay.

The dealer was very knowledgeable and my order was completed without issue.

PM me for his tag. 

FWIW, Townshend is a stand up company. I believe Mr. T's daughter is now running the show. 

I, too, would be concerned by the lack of communication, but Europeans seem to be a bit more casual than Americans when it comes to getting things done, unfortunately. 

Bob

Well then, it does seem that townshendisolation.com  is not a scam site after all with multiple responses here from overall satisfied customers with communication variances the norm. Thanks everybody for your responses so far.

Just to clarify I was only questioning the authenticity of townshendisolation and not townshendaudio primarily because of lack of communication via web-forms by today's measures, and that townshendisolation's contact e-mail redirects to townshendaudio which i find odd. This is still the case as of the time of this post

For unknown reasons I seem to have just fallen through the gaps with this wait for signs of life, and I will shortly submit a request for contact on both sites webforms one last time (third time) this friday afternoon which will be about 3 am Friday in the U.K. Giving it until tuesday my time for them to contact me back seems fair at this point.

I guess its going to happen every now and then and will probably buy from another source a la Bob once I have confirmed that there are to be no packages crawling through angry oceans on the next container ship headed my way!

For more information, I do use a VPN (PIA) sporadically on phone and computer and the DuckDuckGo browser, along with Firefox and the Adblockers uBlock and Ghostery which in conjunction play nice with most online shopping platforms and almost never cause unannounced problems, I have tried here with and without VPN to contact the sites so far and am not going to totally discount that this problem could be mine in the making although I have always been able to spot and troubleshoot problems before (doesnt mean i always will)

I hope this remains as a good reference if it happens to another customer as to what the final resolution and cause may be.

Will update...

I really hate reading this when I know the company is reputable. 

But, lack of communication is unacceptable these days.

@sluggraveyiii ,

What are you buying? I have a bunch of Townshend stuff I probably should sell, as I am not using it.

Bob

Well it's good news for me with a DHL package now on its way from Townshendaudio.

The update was from DHL with still no communication via e-mails or the websites themselves ,not even updating the order process. This is odd to me, but at least I know the business model now and will be less concerned and more patient with ordering again if their products make positive changes to my system.

So to recind any accusatory questions I will also answer my own question, which to be fair everyone esle had already pointed out, and agree that

townshendisolation is NOT a scam site

and will deliver your goods even if you are unlucky and experiance of a total blank of commnication. This was only a moderately longer wait than normal to get things in the mail i the long run.

This type of question from clients is easily avoided by answering e-mail/webforms, having either a notification or delivery process timeframe on their website, or just by being quicker to get things in the mail if they are not going to communicate order status themselves.

Without any communication I cannot know if a business is experiancing difficulty, and without notifications I will assume that everything is normal on their end, which only makes the lack of updates or communication over a longer than normal timeframe suspicious for first-time customers that may have lost trust on other online portals.

Thankyou to those that have posted, for the supporting information which has helped reduce my ignorance, helped prevent my kneejerk repsonse, and also helped to obtain a positive final outcome. Hopefully the next person sees this and is a little more assured and patient as a response too!