Is There Some Problem With Shunyata's Everest Power Conditioner

I have been looking for a Shunyata power conditioner, and was thinking of going all the way and picking up an Everest, which is not only stupidly expensive but is the predictable darling of all reviewers, who gush about how wonderful this product is.  However, there are currently SIX Everests for sale on US Audiomart.  For a transformative and expensive product with seemingly universal acclaim, the fact that there six Everests for sale at the same time makes me wonder if maybe it is not so amazing and transformative and people are having buyer's remorse after picking one up.  Comments or insight?

moto_man

Hello @moto_man, about a month ago I ordered a Denali v2 while 20% off from music direct.  I got it to take to my weekend home which has much more power outages and thunder storms.  Since it was delivered to my main house, I decided to try it out here first.  I left my Audionet Max amps plugged into one dedicated 20 amp outlet and then plugged the Denali into my other dedicated outlet.  Into the Denali I plugged in my Mola Mola Makua preamp with onboard Tambaqui DAC, My Grimm MU1 Streamer, and TV.  I have Revel Salon 2 speakers in this system.

Everything immediately sounded better.  Clearer, cleaner, crisper, better soundstage, better defined from top to bottom.  My wife perked up not knowing what I had done and said wow.  So I then took it to the Lake and had the same experience.  So I ordered a second Denali v2.

Interestingly, I did try it in my reference system, where I have YG Hailey speakers and uber fast and resolving Audionet Stern and Heisenbergs.  I actually found the Denali here to be a bit much and not needed. 

…at the Lake house I used the Denali to power my Soulnote A2 integrated amp,  Auralic Altair streaming DAC, AND CD player.  The amp showed no issues being run through the Denali, only clearer sounding.

This seems like something that one should demo if at all possible. Would you say that your Denali was worth the cost?

Hi moto_man, Definitely demo it if you can. Like most things the effect will vary from system to system as fastfreight discovered. I bought mine used and I don’t have the price I paid available, but yes it was a big enough improvement that I think it was worth it.

I have a Denali v2, and it is definitely worth the cost.

The Everest is probably great, but not end of the line.

There are much more expensive power conditioners out there, like those from Ansuz (D-TC Gold Signature) and Telos (Monster Power Station). Everest is a bargain in comparison.

Shunyata equipment is absolutely superb and, as Chadsort, says is not outlandishly priced in the context of competing products. And to be fair to Shunyata, they make less expensive products as well. I have been auditioning the recently introduced Typhon T30 supplying my Pass XA60 monoblocs and it makes a significantly positive improvement. One specific illustration - voices are more natural sounding, both tonally and in respect of the kind of dynamics you hear in real life.