Is it me or new audio gear is too perfect and give ear fatigue?

Since getting back into the hobby during covid I’ve really enjoyed listening to music vs. bluetooth low quality speakers.  Since listening to my Nautilus 803 speakers with old Yamaha Amps (MX1, MX1000) they’ve been sweet sounding and warm.

A lot of people have said the new equipment is near perfect chasing specs, sounding bright and causing ear fatigue.

Curious if people feel the same?

128x128webking185

Talk about noise, vinyl has more noise than digital, and with every vinyl play, it gets worse. I want it dead quiet, no pops, no scratchiness that vinyl produces. I got rid of all my vinyl for these and other reasons.

If digital is producing noise, then you either have a bad network or cheap digital equipment.

I don’t agree with this line of thought mainly because of course, my own experience. I have finally managed to take the upgrade journey to class A, fully balanced dual mono equipment from input to speakers.

I have found the equipment is most certainly not at fault as it is doing its job of reproducing most accurately the analog or digital  input. Key words being input and speakers. The quality of the recording and the equipment used to capture and or even create the music play a large part in of themselves. The speakers play both sides of the equation, attempting to reproduce the most accurate input it receives but also a matter of preference since all of our individual hearing is as varied and as different as our opinions. I love what my system creates from the inputs I provide it, and I love how my speakers represent what the equipment is giving them. But it also shows the many flaws in the recordings and other input aspects I provide it. Thanks for letting me offer my opinion!

Isn’t it that if it’s brand new gear it needs to be broken in a little to smooth out some of the edginess.

New cables can offer a bright sound and then when used for a while they soften.

During the waiting period and if you have tone controls you can reduce the treble. And then bring it back after the warm up phase.

Also a lot has to do with ears adjusting to the new experience.

You may notice brightness but you also may want to consider the improved detail elsewhere as a way to appreciate improvement of system

I agree. Most modern gear today sounds awful. 😬 It looks ugly and is very expensive. Buy vintage if you can.