Is it me or new audio gear is too perfect and give ear fatigue?

Since getting back into the hobby during covid I’ve really enjoyed listening to music vs. bluetooth low quality speakers.  Since listening to my Nautilus 803 speakers with old Yamaha Amps (MX1, MX1000) they’ve been sweet sounding and warm.

A lot of people have said the new equipment is near perfect chasing specs, sounding bright and causing ear fatigue.

Curious if people feel the same?

128x128webking185

Showing 2 responses by p05129

Nothing is too perfect. You have vendors and listeners that like analytical sounding gear, and most others don't. There are many vendors that pair warm sounding gear with their products to take some of the bite out, other vendors don't. 2 examples; B&W almost always teams up their speakers with Mcintosh or Classe warm sounding gear (they actually bought Classe), and then you had the benchmark dacs that would make a dog run away it was so analytical/shrill sounding.

Talk about noise, vinyl has more noise than digital, and with every vinyl play, it gets worse. I want it dead quiet, no pops, no scratchiness that vinyl produces. I got rid of all my vinyl for these and other reasons.

If digital is producing noise, then you either have a bad network or cheap digital equipment.