Importance of clocking

There is a lot of talk that external clocks because of the distance to the processor don‘t work. This is the opposite of my experience. While I had used an external Antelope rubidium clock,on my Etherregen and Zodiac Platinum Dac, I have now added a Lhy Audio UIP clocked by the same Antelope Clock to reclock the USB stream emanating from the InnuOS Zenith MkIII. The resultant increase in soundstage depth, attack an decay and overall transparency isn‘t subtle. While there seems to be lots of focus on cables, accurate clocking throughout the chain seems still deemed unnecessary. I don‘t understand InnuOS‘ selling separate reclockers for USB and Ethernet without synchronising Ethernet input, DAC conversion and USB output.

antigrunge2

This thread has become a full time job, with terrible work life balance and benefits so I'm checking out after pretty much saying everything that I felt I needed to share. 

Best of luck and happy listening.

@greg_f   You can try USB to Firewire adaptor (or cable).  They are about $5 on Amazon - might work.

@greg_f   I forgot that it is specific Audio USB and Firewire.  AES seems to be the best choice.

Post removed 

@kijanki Yeah, I think AES will be. Now I need to find a good streamer with AES output up to 4,000 Euro. I have been going round and round this subject for far too long without making a final decision...