I feel i have been done wrong by TMR..

The story I'm about to tell does not reflect in anyway any purposely wrongdoing by TMR.
I have dealt with TMR in the past and although there was a glitch, they went out of their way to rectify it and all ended well; so, I know they are good guys that practice good business. However, the other day I purchased, and by purchase, I mean moved into a cart and then pressed the pay button for a pair of Gallo speakers. To my surprise I received an SMS saying my card was charged on the one hand, and at the same time I've received a Message that the speakers have already been sold to someone else. This is the short end of the story; the full story ‏shows up a few posts below. I admit at first I've been very upset and I started this post in a different way, it parked a lot of reaction, most of it in favor of TMR which I find to be great, but the real question I want to ask and this is regardless of if it happened with TMR or with any other venue, is,  how can it be that once you move any product into a cart and press the pay button within a few moments the product can be sold simultaneously to another buyer? isn't there any smarter way to prevent such an incident which is obviously going to leave one of the customers disappointed and upset?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xthesound
I have both bought and sold with TMR, and though I am reluctant to recommend anyone, I would not hesitate to endorse them.
Let me add one more datapoint, or rather two:

First, I purchased an amp last month from TMR, and the process could not have gone more smoothly. It was shipped promptly, the equipment was exactly as described, and the packaging was just about the best I've ever seen—truly, the attention to detail was over the top, in a good way.

Second, I was pleased enough with that transaction that I decided to see what TMR would offer for the extra equipment I had laying around that I didn't really have the time or interest to sell directly. This included two big monoblock amps, a phono preamp, and a relatively obscure DAC. TMR gave competitive quotes on the first two and passed on the third, which I totally understand. (I think they would have taken it on consignment, which seems fair enough.) After I accepted the quotes, TMR promptly sent Fedex labels (including an additional one that turned out to be needed after I packed everything up), sent detailed packing advice, and scheduled a home pick-up, which I appreciated. They reported that all was in order about a day after receiving the boxes, and the check arrived in the mail a couple days after that. I was quite pleased to clear out some unneeded equipment without the hassle of putting it up myself on Audiogon and dealing directly with buyers, etc. All in all, a great experience.

Of course, there will always be hiccups in commerce and especially ecommerce, and so I try to be concerned less about those kinds of problems, which are inevitable, than about how a company responds to them. Skimming the thread here, it seems to me that TMR did about as well as any business could be expected to do. I can certainly understand the OP's disappointment, but I don't think the epside reflects badly on TMR at all—quite the opposite.
Thank you all for the comments on TMR, they are helpful to me, and I am proceeding with my planned purchase with them.

Thanks also for the ’static’ on my misspelling of my username... clumsy fingers, frequent multi tasking, and dyslexia work against me sometimes. Have enjoyed this forum off and on for some years, but only recently officially signed up to post and seek input, on some system upgrades.

And to the OP, sorry if I offended you... I don’t judge those I do not know, I just share my personal feelings and observations. I do note that in many dealings, defensiveness is often a tell.

Good day to all.
I have done about 15 transactions with TMR and have always found them to be great people to work with for the following reasons:

They accurately describe the condition of the gear they have up for sale, and in my experience for an example grade an item a 7 and when you receive it it's at least an 8 and I know this is very subjective but I have never purchased an item that was in a lesser condition than they stated.

They repack the items they ship out as well or sometimes better than the manufacturer. I had a situation on receipt of an amp that the outer box had been punctured in transit so I called the sales guy Nick and wanted just to return it unopened. Nick told me because of the value of the amp they had double packed it by putting the original box in an outer box surrounded with about an inch of styrofoam all around. To my surprise when I opened the shipment only the outer part of the outside box was damaged and about 1/3 inch of the foam. 

When I questioned Nick about why would a company spend the extra time and money to do this he told me it's about doing thing right the first time and if the gear arrives damaged its a problem for us and you.

My last comment it about Nick himself he is the kind of employee everybody would want working for them he cares about your experience and you can tell he enjoys music and hear. I would say dealing with Nick is like dealing with anyone from PS Audio or Pass Labs it's the best compliment I can give.

I also agree with the person who asked what was this guys issue and did he speak with anyone at TMR?