We get down to 10% humidity in the winter here (Saharan levels!), so the Destat III gets used every play on both sides.

Nice, but I'll keep using my tried-and-true Milty Zerostat 3. When used properly (and carefully) it works fine for me here in NC. I usually only worry about static charges during the cold winter months. 

it's nice, would like to have one, but not for $250! I usually just use my cleaning spray when static is an issue. Or a Zerostat, sadly they are also overpriced at $100. 

now that I have a good cleaning procedure, with also using new inner and outer sleeves on all my vinyl, static is much less of an issue. 

I bought an electrostatic charge meter in order to determine for real what goes on with these devices. The meter tells me that my 50 year old Zerostat still works fine, if used properly as per instructions. Vinyl accumulates a negative charge. So you need to flood the surface with positive ions in order to neutralize the LP surface. The Humminguru, and nearly all others, emits both pos and negative ions. I have asked myself why those two oppositely charged ions don’t combine and neutralize each other before the charge on the LP can be neutralized. But apparently it works.

Post removed