HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SYSTEM IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS

I am serious.  I work VERY hard to have the best system I can.  I have made many upgrades and am more than happy with my equipment.  I stream 100% of the time, mostly form Qobuz.  My digital front end is highly optimized.  But when I want my system to sound AMAZING?

I play Mark Knopfler or my favorite  Dire Straits.  Seriously.  It is recorded so exceptionally  well, and seems to have harmonics which just please the ear and soul.  I often think it sounds a bit 'tube like', as my system is all solid state.  There are just no offending sounds, and never sibilance.  I could list songs, but it would be easier to just list the one not to play ('Money for Nothing').

fastfreight

I haven’t listened to Mark’s solo albums but I have all of Dire Straits studio albums plus Alchemy. Which solos do you like the best? I just added a few to Qobuz and will start playing them.

Dwcda, check out "The Ragpicker's Dream", an excellent solo album by Mark K.

You might especially enjoy the song "Coyote" if you were a fan of Roadrunner!  Great, fun, song!!

So (@roxy54) I do like to keep a short playlist called Demo, where I listen to the 'sound first' on music I enjoy and know well.  I think it is very useful when evaluating a new piece of equipment.  Here are a few from memory:

Anette Askvik  'Liberty'....subtle sounds, breathy sax

Tool "Chocolate Chip Trip"...soundstage way beyond speakers

Buckethead 'Wishing Well'...not the best recording but I like it

Mary Chapin Carpenter "hand on my back'...Beautiful

Led Zeppelin 'Going to California'

Stevie Ray Vaughan ' Tin Pan Alley'

@sls883

Best song on In Step, Cross Fire is ok, Tightrope, some others, but this one is on another level. (instrumental)

Looked at your Gustard 18 - seems like a neat interface. Right now I stream through my Blusound Vault, I don't have any need as the bluesound connects directly to my pre-amp and has usb port if needed..