HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SYSTEM IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS

I am serious.  I work VERY hard to have the best system I can.  I have made many upgrades and am more than happy with my equipment.  I stream 100% of the time, mostly form Qobuz.  My digital front end is highly optimized.  But when I want my system to sound AMAZING?

I play Mark Knopfler or my favorite  Dire Straits.  Seriously.  It is recorded so exceptionally  well, and seems to have harmonics which just please the ear and soul.  I often think it sounds a bit 'tube like', as my system is all solid state.  There are just no offending sounds, and never sibilance.  I could list songs, but it would be easier to just list the one not to play ('Money for Nothing').

fastfreight

It sounds like you're from the sound first/music second camp. Their music was well produced, but not everyone is a fan of Dire Straits. 

NO not true.  I am music first and listen to what I LIKE.  But I like much of Dire and much of Mark.  And it sounds great.  I LOVE and listen to old Genesis, Yes, Tull Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Dead, Jackie Greene, Cheeze, Buckethead ect. as well as new amazingly recorded music.  Thanks.

@fastfreight, 

Listen to, You and Your Friend from On Every Street Album.