How important is it that all cables come from the same manufacturer?

My cabling needs are (1) Ethernet to server, (2) USB from server to DAC, (3) balanced XLR from DAC to amp, and (4) speaker cables.

All other things being equal, should all cables be from the same manufacturer?

Same with power cords. Is there a problem using different brand cords with different components, all other things being equal?

PS, I know all other things are never equal, but trying to isolate the “mixing brands” issue to assist in decision-making.

128x128cdc77

I am totally mixed and matched here no two cables are the same and everything sounds great.

You can mix brands or different lines within the sane brand.
Tweak the sound to your liking. if you find a cable that made a jaw dropping difference you can try full loom of that brand/line. But…it doesn’t always work. Could become too much of a good thing. All depends on system, room and what you’re looking for.

I love to mix. Much more fun. Actually not just in audio. Cable-wise I prefer the best effort from small guys to entry or mid level from big guys.

It might matter if all the equipment was made by the same manufacturer of the same vintage.

But by having equipment from various sources, I have found that each piece has its own needs and different cables sound different on different equipment.

ozzy