How do you arrange the order of your records?

I guess some alphabetically. Some by genre. By quality. Etc.
My preference is keeping them randomly arranged. This way I get a nice variety and I don’t have to choose. And it’s always a nice surprise.

I take them out about ten at a time and place them in a dedicated space between my mono blocks.

mglik

I have only 2 categories….Classical, and Everything Else.
Classical is alphabetical by composer, with solo instrumental followed by chamber, concertos, symphonies, choral/oratorio/opera for each composer. 

EE is by band name or artist last name, and release date.

Only 3K or so, so I keep 'em in random order (with the exception of a few set runs such as Venus Jazz and Music Matters, which I keep together just for the heck of it).  Otherwise I just ignore everything more than a year old unless I really want to find something, which I might be successful at before I die.

@mrskeptic Thank you! I'm not the only one! 😀 I call it my OCD. The only downside is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ends up separated from Petty, Tom. I can live with it.

Yeah I have oddball things in their own little sections (Box sets, cleaning queue, 7", the few Rap or Classical LP) but the rest in alphabetical order.

As mentioned above, putting 78 Shellac records in their own section seems like a good idea as well. They require different playback gear. I don't own any but that was good food for thought.

I have been using CLZ Music app to identify the ‘bin’ location of each album. It took me sometime to key in my library of physical media but it was worth it. Saved me a huge headache of physical organization :-) 

I keep them in order by how I know the album. Most are by artist but things like 1812 Overture are grouped together no matter who the artist is.

And I have a deck of punched cards where each card has the album info punched in it. I wrote a COBOL program to list the deck in different sequences. Hard to run the program these days. 😊