High end speakers at low volume

After having got accustomed to my new Vitus RI-101 mk II, I came to the conclusion that I need to improve my system's performance at low volume to enjoy music more.

Current sources: LinnLP12, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Nucleus. 
Speakers: Avalon Idea. 
Shunyata Delta NR V2 and Hemingway Indigo PC, Tara Labs Forté, TQ 2 Black diamond IC.

I am looking at replacing the Avalon Idea with speakers that could improve the low volume listening experience. I listen to 60 / 70db, I can afford to go up to 85db for very short time (neighbours).

I am also considering to purchase a Loki Max which I understood being quite a neutral EQ unit.

I have selected a few speakers which should match my musical taste based on what I have read:

- YG Carmel 2
- Wilson Sabrina X
- Vandersteen treo ct
- TAD ME1

I don't have the chance to listen to them except the TAD ME1 which I have enjoyed very much but not in my apartment.

Budget max $15k new or used.

I am looking for speakers sounding musical, with wide soundstage, not cold, detailed yet not analytical.

I mostly listen to classic rock, blues and jazz.

The system sits at the end of the long wall in a living room measuring 33x13ft, listening position 8ft from the speakers.

Unfortunately I have to face a tough WAF putting several limits:

- speakers must have a clean design, not black, not too hifi looking... and not too big
- distance from the wall behind the speakers 25cm

I don't mind changing amplifier if it will be necessary to match the next speakers.

I haven't found a preamp that I could consider a good candidate except a very expensive CSport featuring a loudness button which works very well (tested at Ana Mighty Sound).

I would much appreciate some advice from who knows well the above speakers or who had similar needs.

ricco275

Situation:

Florida Condo  ground unit – walls ceiling poured concrete  - neighbors sides and above virtually deaf – how fortunate – none the less,  I can blast and no one hears because of construction.

I like (not loud music) unless wanting a full organ.

Low volume is superior – BUT am using a set of Magneplan inner and outside a set of ProAc towers tuned using a tube amp driven for low volume via a Pioneer SS ancient recapped Spec1 pre amp (rather than my tube preamp) with matching Pioneer crossover and equalizer units,  separate low end isolation feed for the sub,  am able to adjust sound to my personal liking that is both rich in base and superb in the middle and high range.   Not likely possible without tinkering with the crossover and equalizer.  Perhaps a kluge solution but works for me. 

T.

PS still tinkering with my additional 1980’s Enigma sub woofer – the four 15 inch drivers  are being inspected having recently recapped and restored the Hafler 909 amp and crossover.   More on that as we progress --  I miss my tie fluttering behind me in the sonic wave sitting in front of the 4x4 foot dipole.

Ricco275

You must listen to the Magico A5's before you make a decision.

I own a pair and most of my listening is at low volume, no sub necessary.

"I am looking for speakers sounding musical, with wide soundstage, not cold, detailed yet not analytical."

I would go with single driver speakers and a tube amp. You'll get the widest soundstage and a very musical sound. A warm british A/B amp will also do the trick if tubes are too much of a hassle. Single drivers just excel at soundstage, vocals and string instruments. 

I'm rocking the Closer Acoustics OGY. But your budget allows for the Pearl Acoustics Sibelius if you want towers. I mean the other speakers mentioned have a very "Hi-Fi, look at me!" look with brute proportions. These speakers come in wood finishes (or even silky smooth corian) and are skinny. So they don't draw much attention. 

@kokakolia lovely speakers! Don’t know exactly the pros and cons of the single driver speakers. Mind you I listen to rock music too.