Help with XLR ICs.

Ok gang. So here’s my situation. I’m looking to upgrade my XLR ICs. I’ve been using Straightwire Crescendo XLR ICs for many years now. I originally bought them for my first system I put together about 10 years ago. Since then I have totally upgraded my whole system including PCs which are 4 Audioquest Dragons (2) HC and (2) source. I really did want to go with Audioquest Dragons for my XLR ICs. But the prices for them brand new is to high for me. 2 m xlr are 18k and 1 m are 12k. I was looking for used for a few months now but never ever seen any that were ever for sale used. I also am using Straightwire Crescendo speaker cables which are quad wired. That’s 2 pairs for ea speaker going into ea mono amp. So u can imagine what the AQ Dragon quad wired speaker cables would cost.100k ++ That being said I will be keeping for now my Straightwire Crescendo speaker cables. So back to my original question post. What high end XLR ics would be a lot better than my Straightwire Crescendo XLRs. Budget is about 4k a pair. And will need 2 pairs. 2 m and 1 m. . I really did like the Straightwire Crescendos ICs and speaker cables for their powerful bass as they are also known for. So that being said I would like high end ICs that are known also for extremely good bass. My system consists of ARC Ref 750s mono blocks. ARC Ref 6Se pre. ARC ref 9 CDP. And a McIntosh MQ 112 EQ.  

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal XLR. They are make cables for the recording industry and have various levels of interconnects, speaker and power cables. I have a loom of Analysis Plus Solo Crystal interconnects in one system and all DH Labs interconnects in my other system (Air Matrix Cryo and phono cables) I use Purist Audio Design Poseidon Speaker cables and love them. My 2 cents and that is what it is worth. 

@audphile1 I’m interested in the Tyr2 XLR. How  would you describe the bass, is it on the lean side of neutral?

I tried the Shunyata Alpha v2 XLR against my Synergistic Accelerators but found them too bright and they also lacked bass impact.

@yoyoyaya  I  originally was using the Shunyata Sigma HC for my ARC Ref 6Se. Shunyata Sigma Ztron digital for my ARC Ref 9 CDP and 2 Shunyata King Cobra Helix CX for my ARC Ref 750s. Changed them one at a time to the AQ Dragons  to hear the difference. And each time I heard bigger sound stage. More depth. Details were so much more revealing. Better clarity. Also the Shunyatas were extremely bright compared to the AQ Dragons. Definitely worth the upgrade for me and my system. 

@swede58 Tyr 2 are best balanced top to bottom XLRs I have ever had in my system. There’s great detail and resolution, clarity in the mids and speed together with drive and texture in the bass. Presentation is laid back but at the same time very engaging. There’s no brightness or sibillance in my system with these cables. Highly recommend. But…cables at this level require equipment that’s top notch. If you have garbage in, you will get garbage out. 

Changed them one at a time to the AQ Dragons  to hear the difference. 

That’s exactly the path I took — one Acoustic Zen cable at a time and ended up with a full loom as the benefits were additive every step of the way.  The key is finding that first cable that just sounds “right,” then you’re off and running.