Help narrow my speaker search. $2500-$3500 used.

I am upgrading my Totem Forests. I love them but I'm looking for the next level of refinement. They are a bit fatiguing as they get a little hot on vocal sibilance. Other than that I would have kept them forever. I am running a Cary 303/200 CDP into a Spectron Musician II. All Cardas Golden Cross cables.

I am relaxing the budget to $2500-$3500 used. Top contenders are so far are PSB Synchony One, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven; Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus or Dali Helicon 400 Mk 2.

I have demo'd the Sonus and like them except for somewhat boomy bass, and maybe lacking the last degree of resolution. Very easy on the ear though, and gorgeous to boot. I am concerned they might be a bit too relaxed for low level listening.

I don't have a way to hear the Dali's. They are supposed to be highly resolving, so I may be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire as far as a hot top end. I LOVE the way they look, but that has to be secondary.
I also haven't heard the Viennas or PSB's, but might be able to audition them

FYI - So far my favorite voicing has been the Dynaudio S3.4, but its too tall for my HT room. I want something under 44" tall. So if any of you know that one or more of these contenders has a similar voicing, let me know.

I also auditioned Acoustic Zen Adagio, and they weren't my cup of tea at all. Way, way too relaxed, and the soundstage wasn't nearly what I get out of my Totems.
jswarncke
Ever consider Magnepan 3.6's? I used to run them with a Musician II and they were magical!
The Von Schweikert VR4JRs are hard to beat in that price range (used)- dynamic, detailed but not analytical, involving, tight bass with effortless highs and extremely musical. They don't shout the music at you but simply open the venue to your involvement.
I'd go with Dunalvy SC IVa's.

What? The less than 44" tall junior version?
Post removed 
TVAD - thanks, but I am certain that is not the problem. I actually took the CDP and amp to the dealer to audition the Sonus. I also hooked it up to some Ushers. The sibiliance I hear with the Totems was not there. I have also tried a BAT preamp in line without much change in the sound. Not worth spending the money on a preamp.

Bottom line - I am convinced there is absolutely nothing wrong with my electronics. To the contrary, the Sonus dealer told me that it is the best sounding CD direct setup he has heard.

So - back to the original question - I am still looking for new speakers.. . .
Post removed 
The Vienna Acoustics Beethoven should do the trick to get rid of any midrange issue.
Post removed 
Post removed 
How about the Thiel CS 2.4s? If resolution with soundstage is what you're after they are worth investigating. My experience with older Thiels was they presented a top end with too much energy. The newer versions seem to provide the detail and air without bothering my ears.
Maybe it's my ears but they are definitely worth listening to.
First think TVAD could have point on the amp being issue.Cables are right ones to soften things up (sold Krell so needed to tell friends who bough Krell even though boss went elsewhere).Fact is you have one of my favorite speakers because I am someone who think gear is waaay overpriced new and used.
I'd say from your list the Dali's are a must.I sold a few lines years back (B&W,KEF and couple non-Brits).Of your list not familiar with Vienna enough (passed at show).PSB are bang for buck but I would go elsewhere myself.Sonus's are a hit or miss speaker in line.You might be a Maggie person if you have space.I don't like them and listen a lot at Friends who has classic 3.6/Bryston 4B ST I got him (he had III's before).Above mentioned Von Schweikerts aren't bad choice.I'd add maybe Spendor.Or used pair of B&W 803N/S.Audio Physic if you use them on long wall (the way they disperse).But I think Totem is damn hard to beat in terms of value though I'd check Usher line used.By ignoring patents and assembling in Taiwan they have big bang for buck.If you were going for new amp and it was low powered SS (pass),Class T (Redwine)or low tubes Silveline has great sound that is highly sensitive.But from your list think Dali is worth the hunt and Usher is you can find.
Chazz
nothing mentioned are going to blow away the totems, unless you are just looking for a different sound...then the maggies make sense. in all honesty, you have a really nice system...keep your money.