Heavy difficult to move speakers- how do you deal?

I have a tough decision. I have speakers with built-in casters and move around quite easily. But I’m thinking about buying new speakers that have spikes and discs and weigh 120 pounds each.

Has anybody figured out a way to make life easier should you want to move a speaker around your home or even a couple feet from where they currently are?

emergingsoul

Townshend Audio Seismic Podiums do an amazing job of cutting the transmission of vibration between speakers, floor and your system. Difference in my system compared to casters was startling (200+ lb speakers).

Because the isolating springs are in housings above the rubber feet you can put sliders under the feet with no harm to sound quality.

I have a pair of Paragon Acoustics Regents. I am not sure how much they weigh. I have heard 150lbs, to 185lbs. These are lead lined and very heavy. I move mine with a cloth covering them with a furniture dolly for more than 10ft. I use furniture sliders for less than 10ft.

On most our heavy speakers castors are built into the stands, one you have the desired location, spikes on outriggers lift the speaker off the castors.  https://pbnaudio.com/mr-777/

Happy Listening

Peter

Definitely get help,4 hands are alot better than 2 .Especially if they are over 150 lbs.

I have my speakers on Gaia one’s.  They are on a 20”x22” piece of granite.  Under the granite, I have four furniture sliders. With a bit of umph, I can do any adjustments I need to.

All the best.