Have you found your "End-Game" speakers yet? I have. And it feels so good!!!

Yes indeed.  Several years ago, the absolutely incredible Revel Salon 2 speakers finally took me off the speaker merry-go-round.  I do believe that I'll be taking my Revel Salon 2 speakers to the grave with me.  What's your end-game speakers?

kennymacc

I have been upgrading loudspeaker Xovers for over 20 years .

in your revels the parts quality is a average at best !

meaning maybe a 7 out of 15

just pull a driver out and you-can see inside not even a name brand Taiwan on some capacitors.the resistors are $1 , when top quality even $12 mills are much better . The Xover is the 🧠 or ♥️ of the Loudspeaker . As much as you think it sounds good a upgraded Xover would’ve at minimum 10% better still. Look at Humble homemade hifi capacitor test. For all capacitor ratings to prove my point

OP - This guy is such a breath of fresh air. Wait til he tells you he’s owned his own audio business for 40 years and he’s forgotten more than you’ll ever know.

My Volti Rival 100db speaker is my flea watt end-game speaker.  Jury is still out for my Vimberg Mino D or upgrade to Magico

Agree on vandersteen 7, at the dealers.   I’m my home reaching retirement Fyne 704.

Yes, My Volti Razz. 

However as we speak (type), madman Greg at Volti is re-designing the Volti Vittora. From what I see these are going to rule!

For the amount of money I'm willing to spend, some JBL L100 Classics will likely be my "end game" speaker, but everyone is "recently" saying that open baffle designs are "da bomb" and never say never until you've heard some, so yeah, I might go that route one day.  As one guy said, "your end game speakers are the ones in your listening room on the day you die".  

I also note that what another guy wrote above about maybe you HAD your "end game" speakers, but just didn't know it because they didn't have good synergy with the rest of your system.  

But yes, I think after you reach a certain age along this journey, your desire to play musical chairs (literally) by switching speakers every 18 months diminishes, and you sort of settle into whatever sonic signature you love.