Has anyone listened to or auditioned Verity's new Arindale speaker ?

Hello Audiogon members - I hope all is well and just wondering if any of you have listened to this speaker. This replaced the Amadis S in their speaker line and would welcome any comments on who has actually listened to this speaker. Thank you in advance.      

garebear

@garebear any updates on the Arindale’s? I love the Verity line and sometimes would find them polite and wishing for a bit more excitement from them. What gear are you using now that you likely have lots more hours on them?

Interested to hear an update as well. I have listened to the Arindal in a very well- sorted (and big money) system, sounded nice but reserved / polite. Didn’t find them super engaging but would love to hear them in my room and gear (not possible unfortunately).

As you probably know by now, Verity Audio announced in April 2024 that they had closed down.  They in fact ceased operating in late Dec 2023.  This is very sad news after a 30+ year run of making many outstanding speakers that were musical, engaging, and not fatiguing.

Verity Audio was a small Canadian speaker manufacturer based in Quebec City with only 5 to 8 employees in addition to it's two principals - Julien Pelchat and Bruno Bouchard.

As a long time owner of Verity Audio Parsifal Ovations I always dreamed of owning a pair of Verity Audio speakers higher up in their food chain.  When I heard rumours of their demise, I sought out a pair of Verity Audio Arindal speakers.

The Arindal was announced in 2022, and only about 70 pairs were made before VA closed down at the end of 2023.

I took delivery of a pair of Arindal in late April 2024, just over 2 months ago.  They are significantly bigger than the Parsifal but more sensitive at 93dB.  At first they were "reserved and polite" (to quote @metaldetektor above), but over time they have opened up and the bass is finally starting to bloom.  They still sound more restrained and bass shy than my well broken in 14 year old Parsifal Ovation, but it is my understanding that they will need several hundred hours to break in.

The Arindal is very musical and becoming more engaging as they break in.  They are detailed and revealing - allowing one to hear new details in familiar recordings that come more alive in a realistic soundstage as the music envelops you.

We should all be grateful for the legacy of fine speakers that Verity Audio created under Julien Pelchat and Bruno Bouchard.  Merci mes amis!

@toranto416

Agree completely. I very much enjoy my recently new to me Parsifal Ovations.

Congrats - the Verity Audio Parsifal Ovation is a wonderful speaker.  It is the third of four versions of the Parsifal - the speaker that launched Verity Audio and cemented their reputation.  The Parsifal Ovation is Verity Audio at it's very best - Enjoy!