has anyone had any problems w/ Jasmine phono LP2.0

One of either channels stops working.
I have already returned the unit back to China twice
They have replaced the unit and now it's gone down for the third time. I contacted a local tech in NYC and was advised
it probably would not be worth having the unit repaired.
Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone recommend a tech
here in the states preferably in the New York area
antnee

Showing 4 responses by banquo363

Thanks redglobe. The manufacturer suggests that it may be a loose screw that holds down the transformer. So, not normal.
as Nandric suggests, are you sure it's the stage? 3 units broken is possible but unlikely. I am thinking of getting this but if you're having these issues, it gives me great pause.
Maybe I don't understand your description, but if you switched between a tuner and your phono stage and the problem persisted, that would mean that the problem is not necessarily the stage. Can your system play digital? If so, I take it the issues don't arise when using it?

The same sort of thing has happened to me. Once I could have sworn a tube had gone bad but it turned out one of my ic's was problematic. It took me days to figure it out.

But if it is the unit, I can't believe they're making you pay to ship it back! 3 times!
I just bought the new version of the Jasmine, the 2.5du. There's this hum coming from the power supply that's quite annoying. I can hear it 7 feet away. In conjunction with the transformer hum I get from my amp, I have a veritable hum cacophony emanating from my rack. It doesn't come though the speakers, mercifully, but I'm wondering if this is common for these Jasmine units.