Has a Power Conditioner Improved Your Sound?

My system sounds great. When it is on and not playing music it is dead silent. I tried a PowerPlant Regenerator and it didn’t improve my sound. Actually it slightly constricted my soundstage. Like most audiophiles I’m always searching for that next improvement and wonder if a power conditioner might add something to my SQ So before I start auditioning any power conditioners on a 30 day trial I’d like to know if anyone has experienced a significant improvement to their system, what that improvement was and which power conditioners they used. Right now I’m considering the Isoteck brand. Possibly the Aquarius or Electra. I’d most likely keep the amp plugged into the wall and connect my Streamer and DAC to the conditioner.

jfrmusic

@jfrmusic 

Thank you for the response. The fact that Audioquest invested in a heavy duty power cord specifically made for the 707 is a testament to their commitment on building synergy for their products. I had the same experience with Bryston 4BSSTs amps. The power cable that came with those amps were quite heavy duty. 

Even with my Everest I ended up plugging my two amp plugs into two each dedicated circuits/wall sockets. When the 30 amp version of the Shunyata Typhon 2 came out I tried first one then two Typhon 2s with the 30 amp umbilical cord to each amp cord, and my other components plugged into the other sockets provided on each back panel of the Thyphon 2. These two Typhon 2s feeding my Gryphon EVO has opened up the amp sound and removed any sibilence in tone. I didn't believe a 195 pound Class A dual mono amp could sound that much better with any form of power conditioning. Running two Typhon 2s, two AQ Dragons and two Swiss Digital Fuses with Graphene sluggos is not a thrifty approach, but once heard I can't be without. It's so much money I wondered if if would have made more sense to put that money in an amp upgrade, but I truely love the Gryphon EVO musical sound.

I would love to be able to try all these different products mentioned here, but I haven't so I can't compare them to my system. That said, I am sure many of them would work in different systems. My advice if you are on the power conditioner sidelines is to get a trial on the most expensive unit you can afford. If it works in your system you are going to want more of the good stuff it provides. I came to power conditioning very reluctantly. I had a hard time hearing much value in entry level cords($500)  and power conditioning products($3000). I then started moving up the product lines which was expensive and time consuming, but I love the way my system sounds now.

Hello, I have been + / - on power conditioners for years.  I now have three systems; two in my home and one in a vacation home, of decreasing cost and resolution.  My mountain home has big power outages and storms, and I had a very old Panamax unit that I was keen on upgrading.  So after reading a lot and seeing the Denali V2 at 20% off new at Music Direct (about the same price as used units, and most were selling their original Denalis to purchase the new V2) I bought one.  Since I had it delivered to my home, I decided to try it in each of my systems.  I had read all about the noise reduction, and like others, having dedicated lines at my home and fairly nice equipment, I was a 'plug into the wall guy'.

So first system #2 with MM Makua , onboard Tambaqui DAC, Audionet Max amps, Grimm MU1 streamer and Revel Salon 2 speakers:  I kept the amps into the wall and everything else into the Denali V2.  Wow.  Things sounded clearer top to bottom, more defined, more air and space. More dynamic, more resolution.  Brighter but not etched.  My wife perked right up hearing the difference.

So then downstairs to system #1 with Audionet Stern and Heisenbergs, MM Tambaqui, and YG Hailey 2 speakers.  This system is extremely resolving and I sit closer.  The Denali was again easily noticeable, but not to my liking.  This system did not need anything more clear or defined.  It was a bit much.  I went back to my dedicated lines and it relaxed into what I better liked. Maybe the dedicated lines here are 'cleaner', but I think it shows it is very system and resolution dependent.

Comparing, the Revel Salon 2's are much more laid back than the YG Haileys.  The Mola Mola preamp, is not quite as neutral as the Audionet Stern.

Finally I took it to the Lake house and I loved its effect immediately on this system. Here I plugged my Soulnote Integrated A2, and Auralic Altair streamer / DAC  into the Denali.  It sounds better and I appreciate the safety of the high end non sacrificial breaker.

I am using a Shunyata Sigma V2 HC with the Denali V2 here, and now have gotten a second Denali V2 for system #2 at home, using a Kubala Sosna Elation 20a power cord.   Both sound fantastic.

Good posts by @wokeuptobose and @fastfreight and thank you for sharing your experiences. I can’t help wondering @jfrmusic decision to go with a entry level power conditioner given rest of his system.

IMHO, a component such as power conditioner which serves as a foundation of your system, should be uncompromising in every conceivable way.

@lalitk 

I understand your comment about not going all in on a PC. However the audio quest 707 has been a great improvement to my sound at a reasonable price. Spending 4 or 5 times more may offer additional performance but the law of diminishing returns had me skeptical on how much. I believe I have clean power into my newer home and while I don't have a true direct line there is nothing else connected to the line other than my system. So right now I'm good and enjoying the music.