Gryphon Diablo 300 or Vitus SIA-025mk2 / RI-101mk2

Unfortunately I can’t create a poll on this. I am aware it’s all down to personal preference and system or speaker matching. Nevertheless, which one is considered to be "better" amp, or should I say a keeper that will stand the test of time being capable of producing stellar results with a wide variety of speakers?

Which one will you pick if given a choice, the Gryphon or the Vitus.

Lastly, I heard a rumor about reliability issues with the Diablo 300. Which one is considered to be more reliable?

I’m planning for a retirement amp and will call it a day if I happen to get one of these integrateds. I would appreciate any thoughts and experiences.

ryder

Thanks for the post which is surely useful. A used Gryphon Diablo 300 is cheaper than any of the Vitus integrateds so that's an advantage there.

While each Gryphon model has a slightly different sound, I am super happy with my Gryphon Antilieon EVO. In three years I went from an older Krell KSA150 to a Naim DR300 NAP to a pair of Parasound JC1+s to a Luxman Mu900 to a pair of Audio Research 160Ms to the Gryphon Antileon EVO. The Gryphon sound is a very nice balance between SS and Tube. You have a lovely sound with great bass and lots of resolution, but not analytical. I have never heard Vitus, but have lots of respect for them. Good luck

I was in a simular situation at retirement but I bought the Boulder 866.  Very nice amp.

If you browse thru older threads, there is a member @thieliste, which post I will quote, perhaps you may contact him, as it seems that he had both amps you are mentioning. Here is his post: 

'My ex Gryphon Diablo 300 class A/B was outperformed by my present Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 class A and lately my Vitus was also outperformed by a Jadis DA88S KT120 tube class A integrated.

The Jadis is about the same price as the Diablo 300.

This is my experience in the past 2 years.'

Very speaker dependant but I decided on the Diablo 300 for my Magnepan 3.7’s.

RI-101 mkII, Pass int250 and Dag Prog int were also on my shortlist.

Never heard anything about reliability issues.