Going from MM to MC

I have a linn table with an akito2 arm I just replaced the preamp with a rogue rp7 and bought a pro ject phono box DS3B phono preamp.  I am also going to get new phono cable from linn with the xlr ends on it. Right now I have an adikt on my table. I want to go to MC  to get better detail and seperation. I have been researching Cartridges and have narrowed it down to 3  the linn Krystal the lyra delso or the ortofon quintet S black. My Lin repair person is trying to get me to go  with the linn but I have herd the other 2 have better sound  any advice.where to go or even a different one all together  and why thank you Michael. 

mal11963

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

The Lyra Delos sounds above every cartridge I have owned.  It is clearer, cleaner, more detailed yet smooth, has dynamics and energy as good as my digital sources. Bass is punchy and detailed, midrange is clear and life like, treble is sweet and never bright or harsh.  

My last cartridge before the Delos was the Ortofon Cadenza Blue, which was very good but not as good as the Lyra.  

Before that I had a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC star ES which I did not care for. 

Audio Technica ART9 and ART9 XA, better than the Soundsmith but not as good as the Ortofon. 

Dynavector DV20X2L, good but not as good as the ART9s. 

Ortofon 2M Black.  Great midrange but overall not very refined compared to the MC cartridges. 

Lyra Delos is a great value at its price and my winner.