MUSIC IS LIFE........This is the Greatest Hobby on Earth ! ....Now get your fishing poles out of my garage!

This line from the article kills me: "It's not uncommon for audiophiles with the means to spend literally thousands of dollars on equipment and room acoustics."

It must be a typo, should read "tens of thousands".

LMAO

Regards,

barts

I like this paragraph. 

Is There a Cure for Audiophilia? 

If you think you might be an audiophile, and your credit card is empty while your drawer is full of magical gold-plated cables and vacuum tube amplifiers, then there may be hope for you yet. Maybe you should start by having a friend help you run a small double-blind experiment using your setup and something less fancy. Can you reliably tell the difference? What if you just swapped out the cables? Can you tell the difference? How much of your perception is coming from you, and how much is coming out of your current speakers?

What a load of nonsense...my audiophile hobby over many decades has rewarded me with loads of pure fun,  and if, for example, I try out various speakers and don't like some of 'em I send 'em back or sell them off...any cable that doesn't work to my tastes...gone. Who cares? This results in a great sounding and utterly satisfying system playing music I like to a degree of accuracy and coherence that astonishes me every day, and just gets better and better. If this isn't happening for you, get into stamp collecting maybe.