Full loom of the same cable brand vs mixing and matching.

Some say, for synergy sake, you should use the same brand of cabling throughout your entire audio system (a full loom).  However, as an audiophile for over 25 years, I've never adhered to that philosophy.  As a matter of fact, I currently use three different brands of cables in my audio system with excellent results.  Do you stay faithful to one brand of cables in your audio system, or do you mix and match, as I do, and why?  

kennymacc

Both approaches are fine depending on the system and cables. More often than not you may end up with too much of a good thing using same brand/line. 

I have two brands for interconnects and one for speaker cables.

Mogami and DH Labs for the former, Mogami for the latter.

I've gone down the boutique cable route and I've found that without exception they were all subtractive.  That is, one way or another they took something away from the original signal. 

For instance, I've found Wireworld Eclipse a little dark.  Having IC's and speaker cables in Eclipse meant the whole system seemed darker, but also seemed to image better, at the cost of some overall musical energy.

I just don't have the energy and time anymore to try to split hairs among boutique brands and now just have settled on products that to me seem to let it all through.