Focal 936 K2 compared to Q Acoustics Concept 500?

I'm looking seriously at buying one of these two sets of speakers. Anyone compare them?

I will get a new amp soon to match whichever I choose. (budget for the amp will be around $5-6,000.)

The room would probably be considered too big for either one.

chinook9

Could you share in a private message what you paid for the QA Concept 500? Thank you 

I have read that those who have heard both find a significant difference.  Google it and check youtube reviews of the K2.

Im curious to know whether the K2 update makes a difference versus the earlier versions of the various Focal speakers.  Anyone tried new K2 vs old on the same model speaker?

The Music Room had a Memorial Day sale.  Call them up and see what Nick can do for you.

I ended up buying the Concept 500s. Memorial Day sale pushed me to go ahead and make the move.  Should be here early next week.

Both are excellent speakers and drift slightly forward.  I have heard the Focals driven by a Krell power amp, I heard the Qs driven by Cyrus.  Both have great staging and deliver a high level of detail.  Neither is particularly difficult to drive and both are great values.  I think I like the Q a hair better but that is my personal preference and worth what you paid for it.  It may be that I think the Q has a slightly deeper bass response.  

It is tough to go wrong with either.