Finale Audio F-3008 amp

Hey folks!
Searching in internet for 300b tube amps I found this http://www.finaleaudio.com/f-3008/
Looks great, especially with upgrades. But I couldn’t found any reviews (expect amp used for various 300b tubes test in http://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/triode-roundup-seven-common-man-300b-tubes-compared/). Maybe somebody have one of them or heard in audio show / dealer etc.? Also, how this would compare to Line Magnetic LM-210iA integrated (also 300b amp)?
manfredas

Showing 2 responses by charles1dad

Hi Glenn,
Yes I’ve had Coincident Total Eclipse II since buying them used here on Audiogon back in 2009. They are wonderful sounding with my two push pull tube amplifiers and of course with the 300b Frankenstein which is my primary amplifier. They are excellent in stock form but a few years ago I replaced the tweeter Solens capacitors with the Duelund CAST copper foil capacitors. Only 1 pair of capacitors in their very minimal first order crossover. 14 ohm speaker impedance so are very easy to drive with lower power tube amplifiers.

At the time I bought them I was very interested in the Horning Agathon (97 db 4 ohm) and the Tonian Lab Classic 12.1(97 db 16 ohm) speakers. I was seeking speakers that would mate well with SET amplifiers. I suspect that any of these three would have made me nappy but the Total Eclipse II have been a genuine joy to listen to. After 9 years of ownership I haven’t the slighted desire to replace them. Your Living Voice speakers are highly regarded and have a very good reputation for their sound quality.  I do believe that the Total Eclipse II with their two 10 inch woofers will provide more bass weight, impact and depth. 
Charles
Hi manfredas,
The Finale Triode Lab 300b has a very good word of mouth reputation and particularly with the Hashimoto output transformers. Another Canadian (Toronto area) amplifier I would give serious consideration to is the Coincident Frankenstein MK II. It utilizes custom Japanese transformers and sounds superb. I’ve owned mine for 9 very happy years. I don’t believe you can go wrong with either choice. If you click my avatar you can see the Frankenstein MKII in my system pictures. They are mono blocks  and weigh abut 33 lbs each.
Charles