Fiber or Eithenet

I need to pull new cable from my router / Small Green Computer Music Server to my DAC (Bricasti M1S2 with nexwork card).  Which should I pull and why?  Differences.  I think about WireWorld for the ethernet. About an 80 ft run.

testrun

@tkrtrb125 

just to be clear you much preferred Ethernet (cat8) over fiber for your long run and the a short run of fiber to clean it up.  

No, just the "last mile" just before the DAC should be fibre. All the analog gremlins should not be able to travel in the glass fibre cable into your DAC.

Using all fibre would not hurt and maybe cheaper or easier. I do not know the costs. It is not something I am wanting to do but if I had the option, I likely would have chosen fibre.

I have Sonore Optical Rendu's for the final mile before the DACs. I used to own a Lumin X1 DAC that had a fibre input in the DAC. A great feature but I sold that DAC.

I tried fiber optic converters and didn’t like the sound with Bricasti M3. Going copper without switches and converters to me sounds best.
I use EERO mesh network and a short run of good Ethernet cable (1m Purist Audio) from EERO node to streamer.

More to discover