Experienced Maggie Lovers Please Advise

I have the itch to buy another set of Maggies (MG2s were my last set many years ago)  There are no stocking dealers near me (I'm told Magneplanar is leaning into  a made to order manufacturer) so I'm going on the advice of experienced fellow Maggie lovers.

I see reviews all over the place on LRS,  MG .7 and MG 1.7i. I see little on MG2.7i or x and and nothing on MG 3.7i or x.  My questions are these:

Have you ever listened to a set of MG 3.7i and if so did you have a chance to hear them compared to 2.7 or 1.7? Please share your experience. 

In your eye/ear witness opinion Is the X upgrade worth the bump in price? 

FWIW My nearest dealer said he'd give a full refund and pay return shipping if I wasn't satisficed after 30 days of ownership.  

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xyesiam_a_pirate

I own LRS+ and I have heard 3.7i, 2.7x,2.7i and 1.7i. I like them all very much. Martin Logan 11a sounded better to me in the same spot. More money. I listen to mostly rock music though. the extra bass was palpable. I could easily live with the 3.7i or 2.7x though.

I have 1.7's. I feel they are the sweet spot for quality/value to price. The 3.7's are a step up in performance and price however for me it's not worth it. The 20's are a different story though but very much higher in price. 

Using an active crossover really changed the game for the 1.7's. Setting the low pass filter at 70Hz and 18db/oct opened up the higher volume listening quite a bit.

I've had many Maggies over the years, including 1.7 and, currently, 3.7.

The prevailing wisdom is generally to buy the biggest model you can afford. I agree with this. 

I also have not heard any X. I find it hard to believe that they are worth the significantly greater price. But I could be wrong.

I have owned the 1.6, 1.7, 3.7, and now I have the 20.7's.  Bigger is always better when it comes to Maggies.  I've never heard the X versions.  I did upgrade the crossovers in my Moabs and that made a significant difference so perhaps it is worth the cost.