EMT and/or Koetsu with Shindo pre/phono and Kuzma Ref 313 arm....

I have been using an EMT TSD-75 as my main cartridge for a few years. I'd like to purchase a new cartridge in the $5-$6 range. I'm considering Koetsu or EMT. The EMT is the front runner, due to the fact I know they play well w/ my tonearm, step up, and phono stage. The issue is I'm not sure which model to get. 

my setup: Kuzma Ref. 2, REF 313 VTA, Shindo VR, Dyquem Parallel SET 300B, Altec Valencia's w/ updated crossovers. Music runs from classic jazz, to Nick Drake, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Joni, Eva Cassidy, Elliott Smith, CSN/Y, solo Neil, Zeppelin, Jackson Browne. Cheers -Don
fjn04
The choice can be a bit wider with top of the line Phasemation and Miyajima cartridges. 
I have an EMT JSD S75. I also just heard a Koetsu Coralstone in my system, and a Koetsu Black in a system I have heard many times.

The Koetsu cartridges are great.

I just installed a MY Sonic Labs cartridge and it is worth hearing. Mr. Yoshio Matsudaira (MY) designs high-performance cartridges, and has designed for Koetsu (Onyx), Air Tight, Miyabi, etc.

You should consider a cartridge from MSL. It will not disappoint.

My system is posted if you want to look

Regards,

Jim Perry
My recommendation would be to upgrade the arm first - Kuzma 4Point11 will improve the performance of your existing TT/cartridge fundamentally across the board. Do the cartridge later.

Cartridge options - Kuza CAR50 ( massively better than CAR40 and underrrated in my view ), Phasemation - very even handed balance across the spectrum, Mysonic - more dynamic, a little coloured through the midrange in my experience The best choice is going to be determined by any speaker colourations that exist, and therefore whatb are you trying to achieve in the final presentation.

In my view the EMT's are quite course and not particularly transparent compared to these others.
Please can I piggy back on this thread with some related questions? I'm interested in the EMT cartridges and know nothing, really, about them. An acquaintance recently advised me to skip the whole SPU thing and get an EMT TSD 15. My 'table is a Garrard 401, my arm a Jelco 750L 12".

Questions:
1. Is the Jelco "good enough" for an EMT TSD 15?
2. Can somebody 'splain the EMT range to me? The website is a mystery and I keep running across references to cartridges that seem to have been produced in limited quantities and the replaced with a newer different model. What's up with that?
3. What's the advice about replacing the Jelco? I'm sure there are lots better arms out there, at a price...
Thanks, in advance, for any information or counsel anyone is willing to share.
I’m interested in the EMT cartridges and know nothing, really, about them.

I tried to put together some information about EMT carts in this topic with links, pictures etc @markusthenaimnut
@markusthenaimnut 
My 'table is a Garrard 401, my arm a Jelco 750L 12".
The 850L is a significant upgrade on the 750L. I have 4 of them on three 401s.
Mr. Yoshio Matsudaira (MY) designs high-performance cartridges, and has designed for Koetsu (Onyx), Air Tight, Miyabi, etc.

Miyabi cartridges designed by Haruo Takeda, his latest design for 47 Labs was distributed by Yoshi Segoshi (Sakura Systems).

I don’t think that Yoshio Matsudaira did anything for Miyabi. Am I missed something?

Haruo Takeda (Miyabi), the former Audio-Technica employee who went on to design and build phono cartridges for Krell, Mark Levinson, and Cello, and who even lent his talents to Koetsu in that company’s early days.

Copper EMIA step up for low impedance cartridges and a $3k cart would be my choice. Your current step up is limiting your choices.

Funny the MSL carts came up in my conversation with a dealer who carries all the cartridges I'm interested in. He introduced MSL as an option, and now with this thread, I'm finding them hard to ignore. All along the high price of My Homage T2 Step up has had me married to it. I suppose it's time for an expensive divorce, or just have a second SUT. The dealer suggested adding a phono stage. The Emia is supposed to be very nice. I would go copper for sure. Then MSL makes one that is certainly a looker. 

I have heard the EMT on the Lux table w/ the baby Jelco (250?) arm. No problems there. I will try to sort what I know about EMT for you, but honestly I would just be getting it off their site. There is very little out there as you mentioned....
Post removed