Electrocompaniet owners

I have owned and enjoyed Electrocompaniet's EMC-1 CD player for the past 2 years. I love the looks, build quality and especially the sound quality. I am considering buying either Electrocompaniet's seperates or one of their integrated amps. Who out there owns their seperates or integrated amps and uses them with EMC-1 CD player?
bobheinatz
Hi guys. I took a few cleansing breaths and plowed ahead, installing the 27 parts myself. Differences in soundstage "fleshiness" are immediate, and positive. Top octave extension is improved, and a delight!
EC has restated that the US distributor WILL service all EMC-1 EXCEPT those graymarketed into the US. O boy....
My estimate is that there are a bunch (including the dozen or so Danish-sourced units) out there that are the MKII WITHOUT the "UP"grade. If any owners of these would like to have the "UP'grade installed let me know. Maybe I can help.
All other service requests should of course be made at one's local EC dealer. Cheers.
Ern
Congratulations, I'm really happy your pleased with the results. How long did it take? Sorry, but I find EC's position on this matter unacceptable. I will not buy or recommend their products so long as they maintain this policy.
It seems that EC has again changed their "policy" regarding the US distributor's unwillingness to service Danish-sourced units. This policy directly contradicts the e-mail EC sent to me last month where they said, "Our policy is to help coustomers (sic), regardless where they have bought our product. I can not answer for him, but I will think in the future he will upgrade any products even if they were bought on the moon."

Maybe they should have said that he will upgrade any products "only" if they were bought on the moon.
Ha! Again, they said that the distributor would support ALL units EXCEPT graymarketed items marketed by the Danish distributor. EC will NOT sell the "UP"grade mod directly again, so that DOES leave a few "untouchables". I'm offering to help these few guys with this particular mod, but NOT a general repair service. The "UP"grade mod is tedious to install, but I worked carefully and was successful, so would be willing to help out a similar soul or two.
I'm not sure I'd blame EC for all this. There's only so much muscling they can do to their distributors, I guess.
They could buy back their contract, find a more appropriate distributor, and save their reputation and maybe more..