Ebay selling my missing amplifier

8 months ago I sent an amplifier to europe for upgrades. The amp went missing and there were investigations that went unresolved. I happened to be searching on ebay and noticed the amp and when I magnified it Bingo the serial number was same. It is an ebay seller store that is listing it. Ebay has not yet responded after several attempts. What next?

128x128snook2

Just curious.  Did you send it to the original manufacturer?  I appreciate the concise OP but this is an interesting issue and would love some of the details.  That is a boutique manufacturer that I think only sells a few hundred of each unit for stratospheric pricing 

Not sure if the information is here in the posts but is it being sold in the US. The KC post is on to the action. A friend of mine had a bunch of watches stolen from his house burglary . Just like you he was on EBay and there were his watches. He contacted local law enforcement where they were listed and they set up a buy sting.

Even if the guy selling it didn’t steal it its now stolen not lost merchandise as its found and this person or organization is not the rightful owner. Depending on circumstances maybe they do not prosecute but you can get your amp back as long as you have all documentation showing you are the rightful owner.

Long story short. A good friend had a bunch of his vintage, left handed basses stolen from his Long Beach, CA home. He filed a local police report. His favorite was a 60s Vox teardrop shaped bass. Over the next several years, he'd check on eBay for a replacement. About six years later, he found one. Close inspection indicated that it was his. He contacted the police in the US city where the seller had his shop (a musical instrument retailer). The police went to the shop, confiscated the bass and, after my friend agreed to pay the shipping, returned the bass to him.

Same as the above post, the seller was legit and had no idea that the bass was stolen as it passed through a few hands before it ended up with him.

I love happy endings. Best of luck to the OP.

Snook2 - sorry for your situation, but please keep us aware of the developments.

Moreover, but I am so impressed with the help/advice from the AG respondents.  Kudos to all!

I filed with Kansas City police dept. Lets see what happens. It was sent to Switzerland for upgrades when it went missing. Never made it out of U.S.

Thanks AGers