Do high dollar mono blocks truly improve the Sound Quality over the mid tier amps

I'm currently running a pair of Classe Delta Mono"s to drive my Wilson Alexx V's.  IMO they sound wonderful with plenty of power.  I've been considering upgrading these amps to the next price/quality level.  My biggest concern is whether I'll get the level of improvement in SQ that will move the needle.  I'd love to hear from folks who have made this move in their systems or heard comparisons at shows or dealers.  

128x128skinzy

No advice on amps other than reviewing pre and sources as already mentioned- but your room and system look amazing!!!

Does the vaulted ceiling etc present any acoustic challenges and if so, is there a way to address them in an esthetically pleasing manor?

Myself be8ng around a long time and hearing many brands on a regular basis ,being semi retired go to other audio clubs in other states 

a class D mono block that beats the big heavy amps  AGD between $8500 and 

my pick I would like to buy is their $11500 pair.  A Big mistake to overlook these GAN Fet  amplifiers. 

@yyzsantabarbara Thanks for this insight.  My sense is your correct about sound signature of amps as others here have stated.  It seems there are two categories  in sound from the various manufacturers, the detailed airy amps vs the fuller punchier ones.  I'm thinking Constellation vs D'agostino. Plus one pays dearly for fancy casework. The Class D's also offer a viable alternative as @audioman58 suggests.  Low energy consumption and light weight.features are very compelling. 

Skinzy if anyone was a die hard class A, AB or tube amps 

my preconceptions were destroyed after hearing the AGD Class D- GAN Fet amps 

are the future they beat with relative ease anything at their price point and well above. Is it the best I have heard ,No. but you have to spend multitudes more.

my brothers Tenor Amplifiers ,no longer made  SS- tube  are 

classic greats when new $100k.  Just check the AGD out ,the Jeff Roland is very good also but much fancier case work ,and cannot say they are better.

With a focus on downsizing and having moved to Class D several years back, I have no practical interest in large heavy power guzzling amps anymore. That’s just me. To each their own. Especially when it comes to what look and sound happens to float one’s boat.

The other recent gamechanger for me is applying DSP for room correction, sound tweaking to personal preference, etc. I easily enjoy a lot of gear much more than I would be able to do otherwise were it not for DSP done well.

Practically, I am mostly off the equipment merry go round at this point. I still like trying new things, but it's now more because I just want to rather than that I need to.